Schools that require two academic letters of rec? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TIKITEMBO

Silver

Schools that require two academic letters of rec?

Post by TIKITEMBO » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:36 pm

I will have one letter from a professor and one from another source. Just trying to see if anyone knows which schools might require two academic letters of rec in the T30.

Ruxin1

Silver

Re: Schools that require two academic letters of rec?

Post by Ruxin1 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:37 pm

TIKITEMBO wrote:I will have one letter from a professor and one from another source. Just trying to see if anyone knows which schools might require two academic letters of rec in the T30.
I would try to obtain a 2nd academic one, I know of people who had rough cycles due to only one; but if you crushed the lsat i'm sure you are good

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:40 pm

B.Web wrote:
TIKITEMBO wrote:I will have one letter from a professor and one from another source. Just trying to see if anyone knows which schools might require two academic letters of rec in the T30.
I would try to obtain a 2nd academic one, I know of people who had rough cycles due to only one; but if you crushed the lsat i'm sure you are good
I agree that two is preferable, but how in the world would your friend know that it was "due to only one"?

Ruxin1

Silver

Post by Ruxin1 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:44 pm

kwais wrote:
B.Web wrote:
I agree that two is preferable, but how in the world would your friend know that it was "due to only one"?
I guess nobody knows for sure, I'm sure it could have been other factors, but solid numbers and underperformed.

TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:47 pm

I haven't heard of schools particularly dinging people for only one academic LOR, but it would be interesting to know. Right now I have an amazing LOR from a professor that I could not be more confident will be fantastic. I also have a letter from an employer that I worked under in a different country. Also, I've been out of UG for a few years.

But, just trying to see what schools require 2 academic letters, if any. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”