How long LSAC is currently taking to process letters? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Can'texplainthat

New

Re: How long LSAC is currently taking to process letters?

Post by Can'texplainthat » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:53 pm

danielhay11 wrote:
hannahz7144 wrote:One of my letter writers faxed his LOR to LSAC two days ago, on Monday evening (~6:10 PM). It still hasn't been posted.

Has this happened to anyone else? It seems like others' faxes are being processed much more quickly. Should I worry?
One of mine was faxed on Tuesday afternoon and still hasn't been posted as well.
My letter that was faxed on Tuesday still hasn't been posted yet, I am beginning to get a little worried. Is anyone else still having processing delays with faxed letters?

yepyepyep

Bronze

Post by yepyepyep » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:13 pm

When I called them Friday to make sure they received, all they say is "It takes 7 days to process." I thought faxing should have made it faster, but I faxed Friday and haven't heard yet. Will let you know when it gets processed. I'd call them, though, to make sure they didn't lose it (seems like they're doing that a lot). I may do that this afternoon as well.

danielhay11

Bronze

Post by danielhay11 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:39 pm

Can'texplainthat wrote:
danielhay11 wrote:
hannahz7144 wrote:One of my letter writers faxed his LOR to LSAC two days ago, on Monday evening (~6:10 PM). It still hasn't been posted.

Has this happened to anyone else? It seems like others' faxes are being processed much more quickly. Should I worry?
One of mine was faxed on Tuesday afternoon and still hasn't been posted as well.
My letter that was faxed on Tuesday still hasn't been posted yet, I am beginning to get a little worried. Is anyone else still having processing delays with faxed letters?
Same exact position. My writer faxed a letter on Tuesday afternoon and also mailed it just to be safe. Still nothing.

yepyepyep

Bronze

Post by yepyepyep » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:48 pm

Previous years on this forum show that LSAC was still quick on faxes around this time (mid-Nov). So maybe they're just slower this year or getting many more faxes. Since it's happening to more than one person, though, we're probably just in a clog. Hopefully.

CattyPake

New

Post by CattyPake » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:47 pm

I had an actual letter and then a fax sent (fax was sent early last week) and neither have been processed. I guess LSAC doesn't have a system of sorting the letters when they come in and then processing them in order (THEY SHOULD).

From this thread, processing seems haphazard, even with faxing. I hate LSAC and I wish they would come up with a better system for all this or at the very least, have processing be first come first serve.

Wish I had sent the actual letter with some sort of mail tracking.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Can'texplainthat

New

Post by Can'texplainthat » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:01 pm

I just called the LSAC, and they said they my letter of recommendation should have been processed by now if it was faxed last Tuesday. I guess I am going to see if my professor can re-fax my letter, this is so frustrating...

maxpower430

Bronze

Post by maxpower430 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:36 pm

Can'texplainthat wrote:I just called the LSAC, and they said they my letter of recommendation should have been processed by now if it was faxed last Tuesday. I guess I am going to see if my professor can re-fax my letter, this is so frustrating...
my professor is re-faxing as well. i really can't believe there isn't a better system for this, considering how many people seem to be having issues this year...

danielhay11

Bronze

Post by danielhay11 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:22 pm

danielhay11 wrote:
Can'texplainthat wrote:
danielhay11 wrote:

Same exact position. My writer faxed a letter on Tuesday afternoon and also mailed it just to be safe. Still nothing.

Mine finally posted this afternoon. I still haven't received an email from LSAC - I only saw that it'd posted because I've been checking my account constantly for the last six days.

bmp

New

Post by bmp » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:00 pm

I had one of mine faxed & mailed yesterday 11/14 early Mountain Time and it was uploaded today. I still have not received an email but it shows up in my account. The whole things seems to be so random! Some faxes take just a few hours and others wait weeks..
I have another LOR that should have been faxed today I will post when it shows up.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

northside

Bronze

Post by northside » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:41 pm

Prof sent mine Monday afternoon from Chicago.
LSAC processed it today at 9:30. Leaving out the holiday on Friday thats exactly a week. Though mail is only going to get slower as the holidays approach...

yepyepyep

Bronze

Post by yepyepyep » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:06 am

I wonder if they process the first letters faster than the second. My first was processed very quickly, but they lost my second "in the mail." Now just waiting after faxing it. I really don't want to wait another week if they lost it again, but I guess I'll find out on Friday.

maxpower430

Bronze

Post by maxpower430 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:45 pm

so my re-faxed letter was processed in a few hours. it seems like either they get it and process it within the day, or lose it(with some exceptions), which is really frustrating but at least a re-fax is easier than sending it all in again.

yepyepyep

Bronze

Post by yepyepyep » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:48 pm

LSAC just processed mine (after submitting Friday). Good luck to the rest of you. Seems like just a random and frustrating process.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hooma

Bronze

Post by hooma » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:53 am

My letter was sent via regular mail on Monday and posted today.

CattyPake

New

Post by CattyPake » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:41 pm

Sent my letter (again) with express mail and a tracking number. It arrived Thurs. night and was posted today!

Lily Pad

New

Post by Lily Pad » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:10 pm

My letter from a prof that was mailed exactly two weeks ago today still hasn't processed, but my letter from my old employer that was faxed two hours ago is already up. Something is wrong with this system. I'm about to call LSAC to make sure they haven't completely lost my prof's letter.

omninode

Bronze

Post by omninode » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:05 am

Does anybody know how many days LSAC takes off for Thanksgiving?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

john1990

Silver

Post by john1990 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:56 am

Lily Pad wrote:My letter from a prof that was mailed exactly two weeks ago today still hasn't processed, but my letter from my old employer that was faxed two hours ago is already up. Something is wrong with this system. I'm about to call LSAC to make sure they haven't completely lost my prof's letter.
My prof mailed a letter on the 9th and its still not posted :shock:
Its been hard enough getting my prof's to take the time to submit once, hopefully this isn't going to mean multiple submissions :roll:

jump_man

Bronze

Post by jump_man » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:56 am

Any updates on the LOR front?

It seems like some people are getting their letters processed within a week or so of submission, but for others it is taking much longer. Also, are there any LSAC insiders who know how long they will be closed for Thanksgiving?

Best of luck everyone!

leacha5

New

Post by leacha5 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:21 am

The whole letters thing is frustrating. I had one writer who mailed his letter (he's older and doesn't "do" faxing) and it took a month and a half for it to be processed. I couldn't ask for another one because he was out of the country after he mailed it, so I just had to sit and wait. Another writer faxed AND mailed twice, and it still wasn't received. Then, when he faxed it for a third time, it was processed in twenty minutes. How random.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!!

westinghouse60

Bronze

Post by westinghouse60 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:26 am

How important is my 2nd LOR honestly? It was sent on Nov. 12th so it should be processed sometime soon (I hope), but I'm wondering what if there would be any benefit to going ahead and applying to some places that only require one, i.e. Michigan, NYU, Northwestern, just to get my application reviewed earlier?

I know- probably a bad idea considering my 2nd should be processed any day now and these are my target schools, but I'm so sick of waiting.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

john1990

Silver

Post by john1990 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:40 am

My professor emailed me on the 9th to tell em that he mailed my LOR. It has been almost 3 weeks now, should i ask him to fax it in? I don't want to hassle him for no reason.

buckythebadger

Bronze

Post by buckythebadger » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:12 pm

jump_man wrote:Any updates on the LOR front?

It seems like some people are getting their letters processed within a week or so of submission, but for others it is taking much longer. Also, are there any LSAC insiders who know how long they will be closed for Thanksgiving?

Best of luck everyone!
I faxed mine in yesterday around 3pm. By the time I got back from class at 8, the LOR was already received. I just simply had my LOR signed by my professor and then faxed it in myself on campus.

jump_man

Bronze

Post by jump_man » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:02 pm

LOR Update: My recommender mailed my LOR on the 14th via snail mail, and it was just processed this morning (I didn't receive an email, but I checked my LSAC account and it said my LOR had been received).

Sorry john1990 - hopefully your letter will get processed soon!

danielhay11

Bronze

Post by danielhay11 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:45 pm

jump_man wrote:LOR Update: My recommender mailed my LOR on the 14th via snail mail, and it was just processed this morning (I didn't receive an email, but I checked my LSAC account and it said my LOR had been received).

Sorry john1990 - hopefully your letter will get processed soon!
I had a letter faxed to LSAC on 11/16 that was just posted a few minutes ago. Assuming Jump_Man's letter took two days to arrive in PA, it looks like the processing time, due to the holiday delay, is up to thirteen days, or seven business days.

(Christ, who am I kidding trying to rationalize how LSAC works. We all know letters are just pulled out of one of those giant bingo spinners at random.)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”