. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ThomasMN

Bronze

Re: Military Veterans, assemble

Post by ThomasMN » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:39 pm

californihuh wrote:Christ almighty, your GPA's are high. Not to mention good LSAT scores.

3.31 cumulative/3.21 LSDAS... I'll be applying in 2012 for 2013 class. No clue on the LSAT score, but if the untimed diagnostic is any indication, I have a waaaaaays to go, not to mention a realistic max cap of around high-160's.

I won't be accepted to where you guys are headed... :(
Have you actually taken the LSAT yet? Either way, don't be disheartened as a strong LSAT score could certainly get you into the T-14 or at least a strong regional school with money. Just keep grinding away.

ThomasMN

Bronze

Post by ThomasMN » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:44 pm

NavyLaw wrote:Does it matter if you're out of state?
Not to steal blowhard's thunder, but as far as the government is concerned all that matters is that the school you are attending is a public university. My personal opinion is that veterans should really look at going to the better public law schools such as UC Berkeley, UVA, and Michigan. Not to dissuade anyone from HYS or CCN (obviously great schools), but if you have the benefits you can easily turn "sticker" at any one of those institutions into a full-ride.

I'm fairly certain I mentioned this before, but Virginia recently passed legislation that gives all veterans in-state tuition. If you don't have the numbers for a T-14 school you might take a look at a school like William and Mary as the in-state rate there is fairly low.

Cavgirl

New

Post by Cavgirl » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:36 pm

ThomasMN wrote:
californihuh wrote:Christ almighty, your GPA's are high. Not to mention good LSAT scores.

3.31 cumulative/3.21 LSDAS... I'll be applying in 2012 for 2013 class. No clue on the LSAT score, but if the untimed diagnostic is any indication, I have a waaaaaays to go, not to mention a realistic max cap of around high-160's.

I won't be accepted to where you guys are headed... :(
Have you actually taken the LSAT yet? Either way, don't be disheartened as a strong LSAT score could certainly get you into the T-14 or at least a strong regional school with money. Just keep grinding away.
This. 100%.

ThomasMN

Bronze

Post by ThomasMN » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:01 pm

Just wanted to bump this thread to see if any October test takers might join in the fun.

Also, I have been thinking of putting together a spreadsheet of sorts to track veteran's admissions cycles to try and help future veterans with their admissions decisions. For all of you out there that are interested in working with me, just send me a PM.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”