Applying Oct 21stish?? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SisterRayVU

Bronze

Applying Oct 21stish??

Post by SisterRayVU » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:33 am

Just wondering if there's any benefit to applying say around the 21st if this is my first and only LSAT score or if it doesn't make a substantial difference to apply on the 24th when we're supposedly hearing back with scores. The rest of the app is obviously complete with LORs, PS, addendum, etc.

kwais

Gold

Re: Applying Oct 21stish??

Post by kwais » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:39 am

others can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you are not allowed to hit send without an LSAT score. And in general, No, 3 days makes no difference

buckilaw

Silver

Post by buckilaw » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:43 am

I think you could submit so long as you have a completed test administration that you don't cancel. I'd advise you just to wait until scores come out though. If you score much lower or higher than you anticipate you could save a boatload of money on application fees by waiting an extra couple days to adjust the list of schools you apply to.

SisterRayVU

Bronze

Post by SisterRayVU » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:16 pm

buckilaw wrote:I think you could submit so long as you have a completed test administration that you don't cancel. I'd advise you just to wait until scores come out though. If you score much lower or higher than you anticipate you could save a boatload of money on application fees by waiting an extra couple days to adjust the list of schools you apply to.
True. I have fee waivers so I figured that at that point, there's a couple schools I'm applying EA or RD to anyway. I wouldn't be using an ED w/o knowing my score.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:28 pm

My biggest regret was applying the moment I got back my October score. I could have saved hundreds in fee waivers that came in during the next few business days. And waiting all of 3 or 4 days extra has no effect on your candidacy, since pretty much anytime before the Thanksgiving break is early in the process.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”