NYU application help Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
azgirl514

New

NYU application help

Post by azgirl514 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:44 am

Hi guys,

I am a new poster here (although I have been lurking for a while) and will surely have many questions in upcoming weeks as I fill out my applications. Right now, I am filling out my NYU law application and have a quick question. NYU has a section asking you to fill out your work and extracurricular activities. I am attaching a detailed resume, so is it strictly necessary to fill out these sections? I wouldn't normally have a problem, but the formatting is driving me crazy... on the internships section, the character limit won't let me complete the name of my internship (which is a very specific international internship, so this is problematic). On the extracurricular section, it consistently blocks me from filling out anything, saying I've typed in forbidden characters. At this point, it's been three weeks and it's such a pain that I'm thinking about simply skipping these sections and letting my resume speak for itself. Any suggestions? Specifically, could any current NYU law students let me know if this would be a big problem?

Thanks!

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Re: NYU application help

Post by BlakcMajikc » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:18 am

Fill it out. Just figure out a way. Abbreviate where necessary. Don't use weird characters (see if typing directly in the field helps instead of copy and pasting). But, don't leave it blank.

errmsg

New

Post by errmsg » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:04 am

Last edited by errmsg on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

blazinswordofjustice

New

Post by blazinswordofjustice » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:37 pm

errmsg wrote:instructions needed to be followed to the T.
Yup, it is annoying but not filling out their application exactly like they ask is you saying you don't care enough about their specific school to do it their way (here is my generic application I am sending to everyone...)

It sucks but figure it out...

blazinswordofjustice

New

Post by blazinswordofjustice » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:38 pm

PS. Many schools apps say something like, Don't put "reference resume" on the employment section of the app...

...so DON'T!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

theadvancededit

Bronze

Post by theadvancededit » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:48 pm

blazinswordofjustice wrote:PS. Many schools apps say something like, Don't put "reference resume" on the employment section of the app...

...so DON'T!
+1

Also, copying and pasting into the box is the culprit-- try typing it out and see if that works.

azgirl514

New

Post by azgirl514 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:07 pm

Thank you all so much!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”