cuse and pitt to acc... any effect on future law rankings? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
trayball23

Bronze

cuse and pitt to acc... any effect on future law rankings?

Post by trayball23 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:21 pm

Does anyone think this will affect either's ranking for law school? the ACC has much higher rated schools then does the big east. Will their new conference have any effect? Does the ACC have academic requirements like the big 10 does?

Nicholasnickynic

Silver

Re: cuse and pitt to acc... any effect on future law rankings?

Post by Nicholasnickynic » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:30 pm

trayball23 wrote:Does anyone think this will affect either's ranking for law school? the ACC has much higher rated schools then does the big east. Will their new conference have any effect? Does the ACC have academic requirements like the big 10 does?
Does the ACC have academic reputations like the big 10 does?

UVa
Duke
UNC
Boston College
Wake Forest...

No, no academic reputation at all.

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:35 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:
trayball23 wrote:Does anyone think this will affect either's ranking for law school? the ACC has much higher rated schools then does the big east. Will their new conference have any effect? Does the ACC have academic requirements like the big 10 does?

UVa
Duke
UNC
Boston College
Wake Forest...

The original poster was probably referring to AAU membership as an example of the Big 10's academic requirements.
Actually that might be a great question. I know very little about the academic requirements of the ACC as a conference.... would love to know the answer, but I may look it up as well.

edgarfigaro

Bronze

Post by edgarfigaro » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:08 pm

BlakcMajikc wrote:
Nicholasnickynic wrote:

UVa
Duke
UNC
Boston College
Wake Forest...

The original poster was probably referring to AAU membership as an example of the Big 10's academic requirements.
Actually that might be a great question. I know very little about the academic requirements of the ACC as a conference.... would love to know the answer, but I may look it up as well.
ACC is at the very least as academically inclined as the Big 10.

trayball23

Bronze

Post by trayball23 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:34 pm

I was not talking about how inclined the schools are or what schools are better I just know that the big 10 has certain academic criteria they require as a conference across the board. I know this because notre dame always cites this as a reason not to join (maintaining academic autonomy). I know the ACC has amazing academic institutions but I just wondered if there were any academic policies that the conference requires across the board.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

downstream

Bronze

Post by downstream » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:41 pm

academics mean nothing in this calculus, it's all about sports and $$$. nebraska is not in the AAU in the B1G let them in without any questions asked.

"Academic rep" of the conference means nothing. If someone told me they went to an ACC law school I would think they were talking about some accounting accreditation or whatnot.

Kabuo

Silver

Post by Kabuo » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:46 pm

downstream wrote:academics mean nothing in this calculus, it's all about sports and $$$. nebraska is not in the AAU in the B1G let them in without any questions asked.

"Academic rep" of the conference means nothing. If someone told me they went to an ACC law school I would think they were talking about some accounting accreditation or whatnot.
I lol'd.

trayball23

Bronze

Post by trayball23 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:46 am

i did too .. solid

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:25 am

downstream wrote:academics mean nothing in this calculus, it's all about sports and $$$. nebraska is not in the AAU in the B1G let them in without any questions asked.
Yeah, but I actually think the ACC is too academically snobby to consider WVU more right now when their major sports are solid, and regionally it could makes sense as well to continue grabbing the East while creating a North/South Division based conference schedule. Its playing an extremely minute part in the realignment, but if WVU had the academics of a Georgetown for example, I think they would be closer to the top of the priority list.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”