LSAC GPA? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kittykatt

New

LSAC GPA?

Post by kittykatt » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:16 pm

When the law school apps ask for GPA under education, should I use the adjusted LSAC GPA or my actual GPA from the school itself?

Thanks in advance.

Kabuo

Silver

Re: LSAC GPA?

Post by Kabuo » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:32 pm

LSAC.

kittykatt

New

Post by kittykatt » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:38 pm

Thank you :D

oregon000

New

Post by oregon000 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Kabuo wrote:LSAC.
really? I have heard differently

Kabuo

Silver

Post by Kabuo » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:59 pm

oregon000 wrote:
Then I guess the important question is, "from whom have you heard?" If you want to put your school GPA, put it. But you better also put your LSAC GPA. Yes, schools will get your LSAC GPA and, if they see a discrepancy, they will probably assume this is why. But they can also assume it's untruthful, or at least deceptive, especially in cases where it's higher than your LSAC GPA (and if it's not, absolutely do not put it anywhere).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thederangedwang

Silver

Post by thederangedwang » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:15 pm

Kabuo wrote:
oregon000 wrote:
Then I guess the important question is, "from whom have you heard?" If you want to put your school GPA, put it. But you better also put your LSAC GPA. Yes, schools will get your LSAC GPA and, if they see a discrepancy, they will probably assume this is why. But they can also assume it's untruthful, or at least deceptive, especially in cases where it's higher than your LSAC GPA (and if it's not, absolutely do not put it anywhere).
u should always use school gpa when it asks for gpa under the education section and for ur resume...this is because this is the gpa u got from the school directly, not from lsac....meaning...LSAC was not the institution that "educated" you therefor you should not put ur lsac gpa in...if u do (and the lsac one is higher) then they might find it deceptive

source:anna ivey

in addition, just use common sense, in the education section, u just typed in all the info about ur school...why the heck would u then give them a non-school gpa? Do not use LSAC gpa...

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:55 pm

Kabuo wrote:
oregon000 wrote:
LSAC doesn't assign you a new lifetime GPA, they just summarize your undergrad coursework for law schools. The GPA your educational institution gave you is still a valid answer to the question "what was your GPA."

Only a school staffed by complete morons would see someone's undergrad GPA on an app and go "DURRRR, THAT'S UNTRUTHFUL."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”