LSAC credit assembly service for international students. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
delhigirl28

New

LSAC credit assembly service for international students.

Post by delhigirl28 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:25 am

Hi there.
Are there any Indian or other international students that have used the credit assembly service recently?
I am applying in this cycle and am having trouble getting my alma mater to send the transcripts directly to the credit assembly service. I graduated from Delhi University. They say that they can give me attested transcripts in a sealed envelope, but cannot send them directly.
I am thinking of flying to Delhi, get the transcripts, and mail it to the credit assembly service directly.Though that is not ideal, it would get the transcripts to CAS in time....

Any help/pointers would be appreciated.

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Re: LSAC credit assembly service for international students.

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:38 am

I'm an international applicant, but I didn't have any problems with this.

LSAC states that your transcripts MUST be sent by the university directly to LSAC. If you send the transcripts yourself, they will not be processed. They write that in bold on their website:

http://www.lsac.org/jd/apply/cas-reques ... cripts.asp

Is there no way you could find someone at your university to help you with this? If the first person won't help, try others. If no one will help you, try calling LSAC directly. They are usually very helpful and have probably dealt with applicants from your university before.
delhigirl28 wrote:I am thinking of flying to Delhi, get the transcripts, and mail it to the credit assembly service directly.Though that is not ideal, it would get the transcripts to CAS in time....
Can you be certain that there is no way LSAC could work out that you mailed the transcripts?

Also, there is a form LSAC provides that is supposed to be included with the transcripts when they are sent by your university. Evidence suggests that LSAC will still process transcripts without the form, but it takes longer.

delhigirl28

New

Post by delhigirl28 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:53 am

AntipodeanPhil wrote:I'm an international applicant, but I didn't have any problems with this.

LSAC states that your transcripts MUST be sent by the university directly to LSAC. If you send the transcripts yourself, they will not be processed. They write that in bold on their website:

http://www.lsac.org/jd/apply/cas-reques ... cripts.asp

Is there no way you could find someone at your university to help you with this? If the first person won't help, try others. If no one will help you, try calling LSAC directly. They are usually very helpful and have probably dealt with applicants from your university before.
delhigirl28 wrote:I am thinking of flying to Delhi, get the transcripts, and mail it to the credit assembly service directly.Though that is not ideal, it would get the transcripts to CAS in time....
Can you be certain that there is no way LSAC could work out that you mailed the transcripts?

Also, there is a form LSAC provides that is supposed to be included with the transcripts when they are sent by your university. Evidence suggests that LSAC will still process transcripts without the form, but it takes longer.
Indian university staff tends to be quite unhelpful and disorganized, unless appropriately bribed. Even if they did agree to send the transcripts directly, I would not trust them.

The form that you mention, is it sent directly to the university or to the candidate to forward on to the university?

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:06 pm

delhigirl28 wrote:The form that you mention, is it sent directly to the university or to the candidate to forward on to the university?
When you create an account on the LSAC website and enter your education information, the form will be created automatically. You are then supposed to send the form to your university (by mail or email). Your university is then supposed to include the form with the transcripts when mailing them to LSAC.

Trequartista

Bronze

Post by Trequartista » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:23 pm

As long as it's an official sealed envelope from your university can't you simply use the University's name when you are sending it to LSAC?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

delhigirl28

New

Post by delhigirl28 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:37 pm

Trequartista wrote:As long as it's an official sealed envelope from your university can't you simply use the University's name when you are sending it to LSAC?
That might work. Has anyone tried that?

IamIn

Bronze

Post by IamIn » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:04 pm

delhigirl28 wrote:
Trequartista wrote:As long as it's an official sealed envelope from your university can't you simply use the University's name when you are sending it to LSAC?
That might work. Has anyone tried that?
I did it. I knew my school wouldn't bother sending my transcripts to US, so my mom went there, asked them to seal the envelope with the official transcript inside, helped them to fill out the LSAC form (school officials couldn't read and write English) and she just went to post office and sent it to LSAC herself. Originally, I called LSAC and told them that my school will not send any transcripts to them. They said that nothing they can do about it and that they make exceptions for some countries (I think, India was one of them) because they know schools in those countries are not cooperative at all. My country was not an exception though so I had to think of different ways to get my transcripts to LSAC.

magictheatre

New

Post by magictheatre » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:09 am

Did it work??? I am doing the same thing this weekend becuase there is no other option. The LSAC staff just told either tell your college to send or dont apply and my college is equally unhelpful.
Its like being caught between a rock and a hard place... makes me so mad that no one is helping for a transcript. Its not like I dont know what I scored...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”