Admissions timeline - when does it matter? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sach1282

Bronze

Admissions timeline - when does it matter?

Post by sach1282 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:25 pm

I am considering a rewrite of my PS, but would not expect it to be done until probably October. I know it sounds like a long time, but it is it is. I started a job oversesas and we are extremely pressed for time. My question is this, when does the time of application start to matter. I have read from September 1-15 it does not matter at all, and I doubt it matters until October 1. So I guess my question is this: when do decisions start to actually be made?

Tanicius

Gold

Re: Admissions timeline - when does it matter?

Post by Tanicius » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:37 pm

Get your apps in before the middle of October and you'll be golden. Any time before the release of October scores is pretty good.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:39 pm

a lot of schools dont start reviewing applications until December 1st. IF you were to apply ED- then perhaps they will inform you of their decision sooner- but since schools take the december LSAT for the cycle- and you dont get that score until end of december, early january, many schools wont go into full application review mode until after the new year. If everything else is all ready to go- finish the application and submit them on October 1st- but dont expect to hear back until december at the very earliest. ( remember schools have until march to accept applications from prospective students, but schools want to fill their classes asap.)

hope this helps

Hawkeye Pierce

Silver

Post by Hawkeye Pierce » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm

Check the stickies and use the search function

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=131727

sach1282

Bronze

Post by sach1282 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:12 pm

Thanks. I have no idea what I would do without the TLS community! You guys are the best.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”