GPA problem Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mbanks0119

New

GPA problem

Post by mbanks0119 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:44 pm

So I when I started undergraduate I was going through a lot of problems. My mother moved away and left my 13 year old brother so I had to become his guardian. But with me juggling so much I was placed on academic probation. I eventually transferred to another school cause it was closer to work. Since then I got my life and responsibilities under control and I made deans list several times and my gpa is a 3.48 but because of the grades from other school I have 2.85. I got a 166 on my LSAT but my LSAC gpa has me thinking I have no chance at the schools I truly want like American, University of Georgia, Emory, and George Washington. I also had several legal jobs including an internship as law clerk for a district judge and I'm the Vice President of the Mock Trial Team. I know this is a lot to type but I'm wondering do I really have chance.

Hawkeye Pierce

Silver

Re: GPA problem

Post by Hawkeye Pierce » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:59 am

Look at people with similar numbers on LSN to see how their cycles went and write a GPA addendum.... It's going to be extremely rough with a GPA that low.

pwyoung

Bronze

Re: GPA problem

Post by pwyoung » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:42 am

inb4retake

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”