LOR ? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
AnariaJP

New

LOR ?

Post by AnariaJP » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:42 am

One of my LORs is coming from a nonacademic source (an attorney I worked for). She asked me if she could write personalized letters to two different schools. Is that possible? I think I remember reading somewhere that a recommender could only submit one letter, or can they submit multiple specific letters?

Also, she wants to know who to address the letters to...I thought just "Admissions Council" would be fine? Or the head of the admissions council? All of my other LORs are from academics who seem to know the ropes. I didn't even think to find these things out until now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

MumofCad

Silver

Re: LOR ?

Post by MumofCad » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:56 am

Targeted letters are great. Take her up on it. Are you signed up for CAS? You can add recommendations to each recommender. Just make sure you are able to distinguish them and she puts the right letter with the right form - ie. in the description for her, you might have L1 say "Law school Recom", L2 might say "Stanford Rec" L3 might say "Harvard Rec" - that way she can easily tell which goes with each form and you can tell which school should get them. You want to make sure you don't end up sending Harvard's to Stanford or vice versus.

AnariaJP

New

Post by AnariaJP » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:34 pm

Thanks! That answers the question about multiple letters from one recommender. Anyone else have anything to say about who it should be addressed to?

Gold

Post by 094320 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:37 pm

AnariaJP

New

Post by AnariaJP » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:29 pm

Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”