LSAT score duration? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
makthadon7

New

LSAT score duration?

Post by makthadon7 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:44 pm

I know that LSAT scores are kept and reported within 5 years of taking the test. However, does it seem that waiting a long time to apply has any effect on admission? For instance, if I take the LSAT and am satisfied with my score, but want to pursue other things before going to law school, do you think waiting 3-4 years to apply would affect the way admissions looks at my score? I know that what I do in the meantime obviously weighs heavily, but I am just asking in terms of interpreting the actual numerical score itself.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

tooswolle

Bronze

Re: LSAT score duration?

Post by tooswolle » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:51 pm

Not sure how it works. But I'm interested in the answer because it's what I'm currently doing. One thing to note is you won't get fee waivers in the next cycle from that LSAT as I've currently noticed.

lzyovrachievr

Gold

Post by lzyovrachievr » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:53 pm

They won't care about the score being old. It's not technically based on knowledge you would forget in those years, and it still works for USNWR.

schooner

Bronze

Post by schooner » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:59 pm

Last edited by schooner on Sun May 03, 2015 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

makthadon7

New

Post by makthadon7 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:24 pm

schooner wrote:Adcoms don't care about the score's age because it does not count at all towards a school's ranking. Schools just want a high score.
Great--thanks for the feedback. That is good news. I will be taking the LSAT in October, but am considering trying to work for a few years longer before going to Law School. I want to try and do a JD/MBA program and doubt I could get into the MBA side as easily as the JD side without significant work experience.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:50 pm

Some schools might ask you to retake it if more than 3 years have elapsed since you took the exam.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”