Academic Renewal Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
wolfpack-avvocato

Silver

Academic Renewal

Post by wolfpack-avvocato » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:12 pm

I'll keep this short and sweet.

Early on in my higher education career I had 1 year of sub-2.0 GPA's. My cumulative now is a 3.2. My UG offers a program called "Academic Renewal" that will delete 2 consecutive semesters of grades. The classes still show up on a transcript, but with no grades. Anyone have any idea how the LSAC calculator will take into account these grades? The program has very strict requirements to be eligible, and it just so happens I am. I would rather make sure this won't bite me before I go through with it though.

TrojanHopeful

Bronze

Re: Academic Renewal

Post by TrojanHopeful » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:20 pm

From what I was personally told by an LSAC representative, Academic Renewal grades will count towards your lsdas gpa. Even if there are no credit hours assigned to the grades, LSAC will contact the school where you received the grade and ascertain as to how many credit hours were assigned to that class.

With regard to repeated classes, if the original class shows the credit hours attempted, both the original grade and the new grade will count towards your lsdas gpa. However, if the original grade does not show credit hours attempted, then LSAC will not count the original grade towards your lsdas gpa.

Asleep

New

Post by Asleep » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:07 pm

I'd say go for it. The worst thing that could happen is you end up with the same LSAC GPA you would have had anyway.

Glock

Bronze

Post by Glock » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:12 pm

Asleep wrote:I'd say go for it. The worst thing that could happen is you end up with the same LSAC GPA you would have had anyway.

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:14 pm

Glock wrote:
Asleep wrote:I'd say go for it. The worst thing that could happen is you end up with the same LSAC GPA you would have had anyway.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”