Recommender vs. Evaluator Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

New

Recommender vs. Evaluator

Post by 1898 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi TLS,

Quick question: what is the difference between a recommender and an evaluator? When/under what circumstances should you send an evaluation? I get the impression that most schools don't require an evaluator, but I'd like this clarified.

Thanks!

thesealocust

Platinum

Re: Recommender vs. Evaluator

Post by thesealocust » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:07 pm

I have never heard the word evaluator, in the law school admissions or any other context, and I started reading this website more heavily than most addicts use their drug of choice almost 4 years ago.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:08 pm

Don't worry about evaluations unless a school specifically requires them. I have yet to hear of any that do.

Here is a thread from earlier with a similar question, where you can see other responses: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=160428

New

Post by 1898 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:50 pm

That's what I thought - thanks for the clarification!

Cade McNown

Silver

Post by Cade McNown » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:53 pm

thesealocust wrote:I have never heard the word evaluator, in the law school admissions or any other context, and I started reading this website more heavily than most addicts use their drug of choice almost 4 years ago.
Evaluations were added to LSAC this past cycle I believe, so you wouldn't have run into them. Like Dany said, don't bother with them unless you're specifically required to. Instead focus on finding professors/employers who will write strong recommendations.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”