I don't need to write an addendum for this, do I? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Blahh_Blahh

New

I don't need to write an addendum for this, do I?

Post by Blahh_Blahh » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:48 pm

I just got my LSAC transcript report. I graduated in 3 years from college but I took a class my senior year of high school that counted for dual credit with the college I then attended. I got a B- or 2.67 in that class. LSAC has a separate column in my transcript analysis section just for that academic year and lists the 2.67 as my GPA for that year, then lists the GPA for my 3 years in college right next to that column. My cumulative GPA is a 3.95. I'm worried that just by glancing at that it will look as though I just did the normal four years in college, with my first year having an extremely low GPA and then a bizarrely high upward grade trend starting with my second year. Even though that's not at all what happened.

Do I have to write an addendum explaining that this was a class I took before I graduated high school and is the only "college" class I took that year? Or can I just leave it alone?

I already sort of asked this awhile ago, but since I now have my LSAC transcript report I can more accurately describe what it looks like. I'd like to just leave it alone and not draw attention to it, but if it looks like a weird grade trend maybe I should.

Dany

Diamond

Re: I don't need to write an addendum for this, do I?

Post by Dany » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:59 pm

I wouldn't. If anyone reviews it that closely, which I doubt they will in the first place, they will see that it's only 3 semester hours (aka just one class) and you'll be fine. Your cumulative LSAC GPA will be what they look at.

If you're super worried about it, an addendum can't hurt, but I wouldn't write one.

Blahh_Blahh

New

Post by Blahh_Blahh » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:05 pm

Thanks. I'm not gonna write one. I need to stop freaking out over the tiniest things.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:07 pm

Yep, you'll be fine. Best of luck! :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”