Unrelated work experience on resume? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
clarawater

New

Unrelated work experience on resume?

Post by clarawater » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:40 pm

So I am trying to decide if I should put unrelated work experience on my resume? If I do then it will have to be 2 pages, but I think it is preferred to just be 1?

I have conflicting views on this. I think that any work experience is good to include because it shows that you do a lot, but at the same time I wonder if it is irrelevant to admissions officers/would take up too much extra room. The work, by the way, is at an ice cream stand/restaurant that I have worked at for the past 3 summers.

I am currently an undergrad and will be going straight to law school (hopefully) so I don't have much other relevant work experience other than in my school's library/archives and a law summer internship.

Any help/advice is appreciated!

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Re: Unrelated work experience on resume?

Post by WestOfTheRest » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:46 pm

You should put it on to show that you haven't been doing nothing.

Edit: And IMO, if you can't make it fit it is likely a formatting issue and not a quantity of content issue.

clarawater

New

Re: Unrelated work experience on resume?

Post by clarawater » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:53 pm

Thanks for the advice. I agree... though it is really the formatting issue that I'm having trouble with.

I don't know what else to do though since everything is in 11 font and the most each item contains is 3 lines...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”