Sending in Statement of Dean to SLS before rest of app Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
orlando123

New

Sending in Statement of Dean to SLS before rest of app

Post by orlando123 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:36 pm

So if I wanna apply to SLS in early Sept as soon as the app comes out. Say I have everything uploaded on LSAC and I'm ready to hit send on Sept 1. Do I then have to wait a few weeks for my ugrad to get around to sending the Statement of Dean to SLS. Or, can I send SLS the Statement of Dean now- even though they will have no other pieces of my applications (b/c everything else is on LSAC). Sorry, this may be poorly worded. tyia.

Also does anyone know if SLS is the only t14 that requires you to send JC/CC transcripts directly to the LS. I sent in my JC/CC grades to CAS/LSAC but didn't know I had to send them directly to SLS. See:

9.Credential Assembly Service Report. Transcripts from each college or university attended should be forwarded to LSAC, which will prepare and transmit a Law School Credential Assembly Service (CAS) Report to Stanford Law School. To register for the CAS service, please visit LSAC. The report furnished to the school will include copies of all transcripts sent to LSAC.

Transcripts showing any coursework of less than one year completed at another institution (including but not limited to, community college, study abroad, consortium, exchange program, or language courses) and which are not clearly indicated on the home transcript must be sent directly to Stanford Law School.

:)

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Re: Sending in Statement of Dean to SLS before rest of app

Post by WestOfTheRest » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:07 pm

Send it now. There were a few people who reported SLS losing it, but most went through fine early last cycle.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”