What softs matter? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
splitster1221

New

What softs matter?

Post by splitster1221 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:52 pm

I was just wondering what type of softs can make any impact on an application. I would like to think that I have some above-average softs, but from reading this site I am thinking they mean 0 or extremely close to 0. What type of softs can make any type of impact on an app? And specifically schools known for more holistic admissions (ie. Michigan). Thanks.

(avoid answers such as curing cancer and winning a nobel prize, haven't done either yet, and won't have enough time to before this cycle)

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Re: What softs matter?

Post by WestOfTheRest » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:55 pm

splitster1221 wrote:I was just wondering what type of softs can make any impact on an application. I would like to think that I have some above-average softs, but from reading this site I am thinking they mean 0 or extremely close to 0. What type of softs can make any type of impact on an app? And specifically schools known for more holistic admissions (ie. Michigan). Thanks.

(avoid answers such as curing cancer and winning a nobel prize, haven't done either yet, and won't have enough time to before this cycle)
Olympic Gold or 3 silver?

splitster1221

New

Post by splitster1221 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:57 pm

CastleRock wrote:
splitster1221 wrote:I was just wondering what type of softs can make any impact on an application. I would like to think that I have some above-average softs, but from reading this site I am thinking they mean 0 or extremely close to 0. What type of softs can make any type of impact on an app? And specifically schools known for more holistic admissions (ie. Michigan). Thanks.

Well at least this gives me a chance. One soft was I was drafted to a professional sport out of HS, maybe I will attempt to win a medal in that sport sometime before I apply

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:59 pm

splitster1221 wrote:
CastleRock wrote:

Well at least this gives me a chance. One soft was I was drafted to a professional sport out of HS, maybe I will attempt to win a medal in that sport sometime before I apply
Should have taken the job bro.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:59 pm

URM and WE are the only softs

splitster1221

New

Post by splitster1221 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Veyron wrote:
splitster1221 wrote:
CastleRock wrote:

Should have taken the job bro.
I think even legal jobs pay higher that my signing bonus offer...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”