.......... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sammacd25

New

Post by sammacd25 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:08 pm

Last edited by sammacd25 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheFutureLawyer

Gold

Re: How to request LOR?

Post by TheFutureLawyer » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:14 pm

sammacd25 wrote:I'm not super close with any of my professors, but have done my best to at least have a few that know who I am, particularly in classes where I've done well. How should I approach the professors? By email or in person? Should I provide them with a copy of my resume? test scores? Should I do it now or once school is in session?
Jesus. If you need it immediately, then just email. If not, ask them in person. How complicated is this shit?

edit: also, no, they don't care about test scores. yes, they'd probably like a resume.

jdMission

New

Post by jdMission » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:20 pm

You ask an important question. When you approach a professor, if you could give them a copy of your work submitted in his/her class with comments, that would be ideal. In addition, you should provide them a letter about where you are applying and why you are applying. In addition, your transcript and resume are also very helpful. If you have also drafted your PS, that would be very helpful as well. The more information about your candidacy, the better the LOR. Good luck to you!!

Sunitha Ramaiah
Consultant jdMission

protip

New

Post by protip » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”