OMG Please help me!!! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Ineedhelp!

New

OMG Please help me!!!

Post by Ineedhelp! » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:46 pm

I understand that we all are entitled to our opinion but was the flame and trolls statement really warranted? I was really looking for some advice. I am terrified of a misconduct mark being put on my file indefinetly for soemthing i didnt do. I appologise if i wasted anyone time, but this situation and real and i am not flaming or trolling. Anyway for the ones that provided valuable insight thanks alot, i really appreciate it. For the other please keep it moving. Thank you! I have reported it to the police. I am a bit clamer not and thinking more rational. It really isnt all that bad since i have the proofs, i will present them to lsac and see what the outcome is.
Last edited by Ineedhelp! on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helicio

Bronze

Re: OMG Please help me!!!

Post by Helicio » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:49 pm

If you're telling the truth--and it was really you instead of your husband--I honestly don't know how to help you. Maybe tell this same story to LSAC?

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:51 pm

I don't know what you should do about your school situation, but I really hope you're going to divorce him.

booboo

Silver

Post by booboo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:52 pm

Remain calm, and act accordingly. Explain the situation to every party involved. Just be honest, but be prepared for an uphill battle. I feel that it may be easier to sway the schools involved into believing your story, but the LSAC is always a mystery when it comes to issues.

Kilpatrick

Silver

Post by Kilpatrick » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:54 pm

First thing I would do is talk to LSAC and to your T20 school and explain everything that happened in detail.

Second thing I would do is find a divorce lawyer

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Teoeo

Silver

Post by Teoeo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:54 pm

Start by calming down. I would forget this cycle and re-apply after you have cleared this up (unless your T20 school is still ok with you attending). Also, punch your husband in the balls for being such a douche.

sidhesadie

Bronze

Post by sidhesadie » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:54 pm

You need to move out and file for a divorce and an order of protection. If you go to LSAC and the school you actually want to attend and explain your situation, having done all that, you might have a chance. If you're still married to him, living with him, etc, no one is going to believe you.

BlueDiamond

Silver

Post by BlueDiamond » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:55 pm

people took this seriously?

flexityflex86

Silver

Post by flexityflex86 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:55 pm

I'm sure you're being honest, but from LSAC's point of view, you're kind of red handed, which means you'd need to prove your innocence rather than vice versa. It would be easy to totally mess up then blame it on a SO, who takes the blame as they don't care what LSAC thinks of them if they are not in law. You really should have contacted the school before they contacted LSAC. I feel like individual schools will be more easily accessible, and more understanding than a big corporation.

I don't understand what your husband would have had to gain from this.... And why he wouldn't ask you first. It just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Teoeo

Silver

Post by Teoeo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:55 pm

flexityflex86

Silver

Post by flexityflex86 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:57 pm

i hope the emotional distress has hurt your grammar and writing skills. you got into a t-20?

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:00 pm

The most important thing is that the school you want to attend knows. Fuck the LSAC and the T4. As long as the school you are attending is fine it doesn't matter what they think so deal with that first. Then deal with the LSAC and see what that leads too. A police report could only help the situation even if later you decide to not pursue the charges.

Ineedhelp!

New

Post by Ineedhelp! » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:01 pm

Guys why would i be lying? I am all set to attend a top-20 school why would i want to attend this tier4? I am looking to divorce him. He wanted me to stay here thats why he did it, he admitted that if i had got the schoclarship from them he though he could sway me to stay since i dont have one at the top-20 school i'm about to attend and i'm very debt averse. I'm freaking out! i kicked him out, were started fighting. How could he do this his your wife? Im numb and baffled.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:03 pm

flexityflex86 wrote:i hope the emotional distress has hurt your grammar and writing skills. you got into a t-20?
This was actually one of my first thoughts after reading the post.

Ineedhelp!

New

Post by Ineedhelp! » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:03 pm

flexityflex86 wrote:i hope the emotional distress has hurt your grammar and writing skills. you got into a t-20?
Jackass get the fuck off if you cant give valuable advice, you asshole. I dont need that right now. I said pardon my typo and grammer i'm not trying to impress anyone right now, my life is at stake.

flexityflex86

Silver

Post by flexityflex86 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:04 pm

Ineedhelp! wrote:Guys why would i be lying? I am all set to attend a top-20 school why would i want to attend this tier4? I am looking to divorce him. He wanted me to stay here thats why he did it, he admitted that if i had got the schoclarship from them he though he could sway me to stay since i dont have one at the top-20 school i'm about to attend and i'm very debt averse. I'm freaking out! i kicked him out, were started fighting. How could he do this his your wife? Im numb and baffled.
what i don't understand is why you wouldn't want your wife to go to law school out of state. you could fly down on weekends sometimes to see her, hopefully she'll make some real money and you don't even have to listen to her fetch, fetch, fetch every night. seems ideal.

loblaw

Bronze

Post by loblaw » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:05 pm

Call a divorce lawyer AND report his ass.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:05 pm

BTW, If you ever feel lonely with your husband gone, hit me up :wink:

Ineedhelp!

New

Post by Ineedhelp! » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:06 pm

flexityflex86 wrote:
Ineedhelp! wrote:Guys why would i be lying? I am all set to attend a top-20 school why would i want to attend this tier4? I am looking to divorce him. He wanted me to stay here thats why he did it, he admitted that if i had got the schoclarship from them he though he could sway me to stay since i dont have one at the top-20 school i'm about to attend and i'm very debt averse. I'm freaking out! i kicked him out, were started fighting. How could he do this his your wife? Im numb and baffled.
what i don't understand is why you wouldn't want your wife to go to law school out of state. you could fly down on weekends sometimes to see her, hopefully she'll make some real money and you don't even have to listen to her fetch, fetch, fetch every night. seems ideal.
Thats because he's very insecure and possesive. What dont you get? I'm not trying to be mean flexity, i actually like you and read lots of your post but please be nice, i'm terrified right now.

BlueDiamond

Silver

Post by BlueDiamond » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:07 pm

this is the wrong crowd to be asking for this kind of advice

flexityflex86

Silver

Post by flexityflex86 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:07 pm

Ineedhelp! wrote:
Jackass get the fuck off if you cant give valuable advice, you asshole. I dont need that right now. I said pardon my typo and grammer i'm not trying to impress anyone right now, my life is at stake.
relax. take a deep breath, and don't take things out of perspective. i may be an asshole, but i am not a jackass.

the poster who said contacting the school is credited, but i'd suggest going to LSAC first as the school might just say, "you know what? this is sketch - we don't want to deal with this" and take away your offer.

the main thing is it just seems weird your husband would try to negotiate scholarships for you without telling you, and i personally would not believe that would happen in a happily married couple. it could, but it seems under 50% to be the truth.

however, you said he's really needy and was trying to trick you into staying. i actually think filing for divorce along with his admission and letters from contacts (maybe a marriage counselor or other people who know you from before and have credibility [not your mom or best friend]) might be a really compelling case.

i don't think the LSAC wants to screw anyone they think is innocent.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

flexityflex86

Silver

Post by flexityflex86 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:09 pm

Ineedhelp! wrote:
flexityflex86 wrote:
Thats because he's very insecure and possesive. What dont you get? I'm not trying to be mean flexity, i actually like you and read lots of your post but please be nice, i'm terrified right now.
well i can relate as i am insecure and possessive just about new york jets football. women are a great source of love and affection for the weekends, but kill the hustle. i am very flattered that you like me. between you, my mother, my girlfriend and my girlfriend's mother, i now have four people that like me and five if you count my dog.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:09 pm

Ineedhelp! wrote: Jackass get the fuck off if you cant give valuable advice, you asshole.
:D

Ineedhelp! wrote: my life is at stake.
:D :D :D

Ineedhelp!

New

Post by Ineedhelp! » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:11 pm

flexityflex86 wrote:
Ineedhelp! wrote:
relax. take a deep breath, and don't take things out of perspective. i may be an asshole, but i am not a jackass.

the poster who said contacting the school is credited, but i'd suggest going to LSAC first as the school might just say, "you know what? this is sketch - we don't want to deal with this" and take away your offer.

the main thing is it just seems weird your husband would try to negotiate scholarships for you without telling you, and i personally would not believe that would happen in a happily married couple. it could, but it seems under 50% to be the truth.

Thank you! I'm sorry for calling you that. I know you are not that.

however, you said he's really needy and was trying to trick you into staying. i actually think filing for divorce along with his admission and letters from contacts (maybe a marriage counselor or other people who know you from before and have credibility [not your mom or best friend]) might be a really compelling case.

i don't think the LSAC wants to screw anyone they think is innocent.

BlueDiamond

Silver

Post by BlueDiamond » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:12 pm

how nice is it to have an SO that is willing to cover for your bad negotiation tactics?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”