Community college classes taken before degree Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hereyago

Bronze

Community college classes taken before degree

Post by hereyago » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:49 pm

So I took a few classes at a couple of community colleges during high school and college. They don't appear on my undergrad transcript. They don't count towards my major or my undergrad units or anything.

Is it possible to get the LSAC to count these grades or what?

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: Community college classes taken before degree

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:17 pm

Not only is it possible, it's required. Have the CC send a transcript to LSAC, just like your undergrad school. LSAC counts any and all credits earned at any institution up until the granting of your first degree.

A lot of people hate this rule because they were idiots in high school and got Fs in CC classes. They like to use the excuse that at 16-17 years old, they didn't realize that college classes might actually count for something. Sucks to be them. I had 12 credits of As, and it was a teeny bump. :)

hereyago

Bronze

Re: Community college classes taken before degree

Post by hereyago » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:39 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Not only is it possible, it's required. Have the CC send a transcript to LSAC, just like your undergrad school. LSAC counts any and all credits earned at any institution up until the granting of your first degree.

A lot of people hate this rule because they were idiots in high school and got Fs in CC classes. They like to use the excuse that at 16-17 years old, they didn't realize that college classes might actually count for something. Sucks to be them. I had 12 credits of As, and it was a teeny bump. :)
oh man i love you bro. i took like 7 and aced all of them.

who would've thought that my community college classes would prove to be more useful than classes at my UG (HYPS)?

kinda regretting going to a good undergrad school though. fuck. :cry:

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”