A few questions Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TheHutt

New

A few questions

Post by TheHutt » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:09 am

Last edited by TheHutt on Thu May 10, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helmholtz

Gold

Re: A few questions

Post by Helmholtz » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:31 am

This OP is one of the most well-written I have ever seen in my many years of TLS-posting.

(1) Yes, hard-of-hearing qualifies you for URM—Congrats!
(2) Yes
(3) You would probably need at least a 170 to qualify for money at Stanford, Harvard, Cornell, or Yale. A lot of it is going to depend on the writing portion of the LSAT, but I have a feeling that you're going to knock that out of the park.

Good luck, OP.

glewz

Silver

Post by glewz » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:52 am

Helmholtz wrote:This OP is one of the most well-written I have ever seen in my many years of TLS-posting.

(2) Yes
(3) You would probably need at least a 170 to qualify for money at Stanford, Harvard, Cornell, or Yale. A lot of it is going to depend on the writing portion of the LSAT, but I have a feeling that you're going to knock that out of the park.

Good luck, OP.
:)

KevinP

Silver

Post by KevinP » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:53 am

Helmholtz wrote:This OP is one of the most well-written I have ever seen in my many years of TLS-posting.

(2) Yes

Good luck, OP.
180. Best subtle response ever.

Mike12188

Silver

Post by Mike12188 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:15 am

KevinP wrote:

(2) Yes

Good luck, OP.
180. Best subtle response ever.
+1

I think it would have been even better if he put it in all caps as if he were yelling so OP could actually hear him.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Nulli Secundus

Gold

Post by Nulli Secundus » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:21 am

Dear <insert name here>,

You are being trolled because:

[ ] You posted dick pics.
[ ] You were just being a hipster for the sake of being a hipster.
[X] You did not use the search function.
[X] You think you are special snowflake.
[ ] You ask about your chances without an actual LSAT score.
[X] You are being a pompous ass.
[ ] You think that a TTT, under very specific circumstances including but not limited to planetary alignment, may lead you to success.
[X] You have no idea about what URM means.
[ ] You think LSAT measures intelligence.
[ ] You are a splitter with work experience and not applying to NU.
[X] You think your softs matter.
[ ] You want to have babies before or during your law school education.
[X] You think a perfect GPA as a Pol Sci major is impressive.
[ ] You feed from ambiguity regarding whether the hot girl you use as your avatar is actually you.

If you cease and desist the abovementioned activities, your life at TLS will become easier.

bmore

Bronze

Post by bmore » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:35 am

"The main reason for this is my writing skills"

"I had a TA explicitly tell me that I was one of the best writers she'd ever seen in 8 years of teaching".

"and with a 4.00 I figure people should be paying me to go to their school, not vice versa"

"Yes, hard-of-hearing qualifies you for URM—Congrats!" :?:

Seriously? I am surprised you didn't charge us to read your post. Please make sure you display this same attitude in your PS.

hds2388

Bronze

Post by hds2388 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:08 am

Through all the obstacles and successes in OPs life, one things became clear; he would sacrifice anything to be the best....anything, that is, except his humility.

Wade LeBosh

Bronze

Post by Wade LeBosh » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:30 am

Defiantly write a diversity statement about the hearing problem. The combination of your amazing writing and humility should make the T6 a lock with a 140 or higher.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

duckmoney

Silver

Post by duckmoney » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:47 am

With a GPA that high, I would think you would only need above average on the LSAT (151 or so) to have Yale throwing gobs of money at you.

Also, since there's no "hard of hearing" box on the application, adcomms encourage you just to check black. It's all the same for admissions purposes.

TheHutt

New

Post by TheHutt » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:32 pm

4. Forgot to mention, last summer I started up a profitable computer repair business from scratch, I did a landmark study on the conservation of the critically endangered California Braakron-Calderwood plant in the Sac-SJ River Delta, and discovered a completely legitimate cure for hiccups. I plan on writing a book on the latter of these. Oh, and I'll also have a letter of rec from a current SCOTUS justice. Will any of those mean anything?

upalittletoolate

New

Post by upalittletoolate » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:49 pm

TheHutt wrote:4. Forgot to mention, last summer I started up a profitable computer repair business from scratch, I did a landmark study on the conservation of the critically endangered California Braakron-Calderwood plant in the Sac-SJ River Delta, and discovered a completely legitimate cure for hiccups. I plan on writing a book on the latter of these. Oh, and I'll also have a letter of rec from a current SCOTUS justice. Will any of those mean anything?
/flame

pleasetryagain

Silver

Post by pleasetryagain » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:10 pm

Mike12188 wrote: I think it would have been even better if he put it in all caps as if he were yelling so OP could actually hear him.
ouch

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

duckmoney

Silver

Post by duckmoney » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:30 pm

Damn, I was really hoping OP wasn't a flame. Guess it was too hilarious to be true.

joefow91

New

Post by joefow91 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:57 pm

The main reason for this is my writing skills - I had a TA explicitly tell me that I was one of the best writers she'd ever seen in 8 years of teaching, so that's not just a self-assessment - but I obviously have a fair amount of intelligence to go with that.
I had a TA tell me that I was attractive and I proceeded to have sex with her. Does this help my cycle?

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:01 pm

duckmoney wrote: Also, since there's no "hard of hearing" box on the application, adcomms encourage you just to check black. It's all the same for admissions purposes.
I lol'd

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”