What would happen if Georgetown left T14? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
de5igual

Silver

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Post by de5igual » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:28 pm

Adm.Doppleganger wrote:
Sounder89 wrote:Nothing would happen, Georgetown is a good school but just about on par with other top schools outside the t14 aka Vanderbilt, USC, UCLA etc
Everytime I hear this Georgetown being on par, even just about on par, with t15-19 jazz I can't help but feeling lied to.

GT is just GT, all by itself. Between any of t19-15 schools at the same price as GT I'd take GT every time. I'd also just refer to it as GT because I do not have the time to type out whole school names. I only have time to type out this explanation to why I don't usually refer to schools by their whole name.

I feel so be-trolled by Vanderbilt, UT and UCLA students every time GT comes up.
i don't think anyone ever argues that GULC isn't better than UCLA, UT or Vanderbilt. It's just that the scenario you raise rarely ever comes up. It will almost always be GULC @ sticker vs UCLA/UT/Vandy with $. Heck, even when people decide between GULC and Cornell, it will almost always be GULC @ sticker vs Cornell with some $. Thus, GULC loses out most of the time since its relative higher price tag isn't usually worth it.

Bronze

Post by 83947368 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:51 pm

Last edited by 83947368 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GerardC3

New

Post by GerardC3 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:27 pm

I know its been reported already, but it is clearly the best school in the D.C. market. Could aspiring politicians be dragged their?

lawyerwannabe

Silver

Post by lawyerwannabe » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:22 am

Georgetown has very little (or possibly no) advantage in having DC as their home market. A lot of the best students from the best schools want to and end up working in DC. It is not like NYC with CLS and NYU where all the firms reserve an ungodly number of SA positions for each of the schools. Georgetown does not enjoy that perk with DC firms.

Not sure if that addresses the politician thing though... :?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”