FMLLL LOR signature problem, what should I do?? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pppokerface

Bronze

FMLLL LOR signature problem, what should I do??

Post by pppokerface » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:55 pm

My professor wanted to meet months ago but wanted me to send my LSAC form in an email. I sent him that PDF, but figured we would meet. I emailed him all summer but didn't get a response (I expected that he'd want to meet and then I'd give him my signed form, ugh stupid stupid me) and on Friday he just told me since I was out of state, he just sent in the letter, with the LSAC form, but the problem is that it was unsigned!!! The waiver release part was unsigned, not his-what should I do? =(

ahduth

Gold

Re: FMLLL LOR signature problem, what should I do??

Post by ahduth » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:16 pm

pppokerface wrote:My professor wanted to meet months ago but wanted me to send my LSAC form in an email. I sent him that PDF, but figured we would meet. I emailed him all summer but didn't get a response (I expected that he'd want to meet and then I'd give him my signed form, ugh stupid stupid me) and on Friday he just told me since I was out of state, he just sent in the letter, with the LSAC form, but the problem is that it was unsigned!!! The waiver release part was unsigned, not his-what should I do? =(
I personally would make myself a margarita - straight up, with Cointreau and some nice tequila. Put my feet up, and read some trashy fiction. I've been reading Christopher Moore lately. It's funny and loose, but well put together; he ties up the story very nicely in the end.

Oh and I'd also be happy I got my rec in a billion years before I needed to. That's just me though.

Corwin

Bronze

Post by Corwin » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:03 pm

You realize you have 3 months to fix this right?

pppokerface

Bronze

Post by pppokerface » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:13 pm

well yah- thats why I did it so early!
:?

Pretty Lights

New

Post by Pretty Lights » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:37 pm

Tell him that the PDF you sent him was supposed to be signed by you. Mail him a new signed release waiver and ask him to resend his LOR along with it. As long as he has the letter saved it probably won't be a big deal for him. When you apply to schools, just don't send his original letter to any of your schools and no one will ever know the difference.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pppokerface

Bronze

Post by pppokerface » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:07 am

Pretty Lights wrote:Tell him that the PDF you sent him was supposed to be signed by you. Mail him a new signed release waiver and ask him to resend his LOR along with it. As long as he has the letter saved it probably won't be a big deal for him. When you apply to schools, just don't send his original letter to any of your schools and no one will ever know the difference.
Thank you for actually giving me advice!! I simply wanted to know what to do, I don't see what the fuss is about me asking what to do about this, even if I'm doing it early.

shoeshine

Silver

Post by shoeshine » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:10 am

Corwin wrote:You realize you have 3 months to fix this right?
+1

Stop being so dramatic.

pppokerface

Bronze

Post by pppokerface » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:12 am

shoeshine wrote:
Corwin wrote:You realize you have 3 months to fix this right?
+1

Stop being so dramatic.
no thanks! :shock: :evil: :shock:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”