how will the CAS evaluate this situation Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
glucose101

Bronze

how will the CAS evaluate this situation

Post by glucose101 » Sun May 22, 2011 8:20 pm

So in high school I took dual credit classes (courses taken as if from the local community college). On the community college transcript, it shows that each class (calculus I, for example) is worth "3 hours." However, I retook calculus, but at my college, every class is only considered as "1 hour." The number of hours I accumulated in high school (5 classes), if worth 3 hrs/class=half of the total number of credits for my whole college career. To me, this doesn't make sense. What do I do?

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: how will the CAS evaluate this situation

Post by JamMasterJ » Sun May 22, 2011 9:23 pm

glucose101 wrote:So in high school I took dual credit classes (courses taken as if from the local community college). On the community college transcript, it shows that each class (calculus I, for example) is worth "3 hours." However, I retook calculus, but at my college, every class is only considered as "1 hour." The number of hours I accumulated in high school (5 classes), if worth 3 hrs/class=half of the total number of credits for my whole college career. To me, this doesn't make sense. What do I do?
So you're saying that whereas most colleges have 120-124 credit requirements, your school requires about 40 credits? If so, I assume that CAS would convert these to equate their weight.

glucose101

Bronze

Re: how will the CAS evaluate this situation

Post by glucose101 » Sun May 22, 2011 9:25 pm

I'm hoping that they understand, especially with the retake of calculus to show that they're worth the same

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”