GPA Boost Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lebron 4 president

New

GPA Boost

Post by lebron 4 president » Thu May 19, 2011 12:46 pm

Does anybody think that Law Schools would look negatively upon takng super easy classes not related to my degree at a community college just to boost up my gpa

for example: taking a film apprecition class that has absolutely nothing to do with my degree just a way to boost my gpa

or would they just look at the overall GPA not the actual transcript

Thanks

Curry

Re: GPA Boost

Post by Curry » Thu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm

They don't care what classes you take. That being said, have you already finished your bachelors degree? Because if so, those grades don't count anyways.

lebron 4 president

New

Post by lebron 4 president » Thu May 19, 2011 1:03 pm

no im not done with my bachelors yet i graduate in december with only four classes left to take for my degree......i was thinking about just taking a couple easy classes at my local community college in addition to those four classes that i have to take

so the easy classes wouldnt have anything to do with my degree just extra classes there for a gpa boost

Curry

Post by Curry » Thu May 19, 2011 1:03 pm

Do it, but only if you're sure they can increase your GPA. you don't wanna get fucked over accidentally.

lebron 4 president

New

Post by lebron 4 president » Thu May 19, 2011 1:09 pm

exactly that what i was little concerned about but the classes i would take are like guranteed Easy A's i've read the professor reveiws and they say that if you cant get in A in the class your just a freakin moron

Thanks for the advice Curry

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Chief Littlebighead

New

Post by Chief Littlebighead » Fri May 20, 2011 11:41 am

they say that if you cant get in A in the class your just a freakin moron

try this:

they say that if you can't get an A in the class then you're just a freakin' moron.

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Fri May 20, 2011 11:46 am

Chief Littlebighead wrote:they say that if you cant get in A in the class your just a freakin moron

try this:

they say that if you can't get an A in the class then you're just a freakin' moron.
I'd like to go on record right now that next year there will be a post that substantially reads like this:

"I took some community college courses to boost my gpa, but didnt do very good in them. Do you think schools will find out if i dont submit that transcript to lsac?"

Cool Brees

New

Post by Cool Brees » Fri May 20, 2011 2:41 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote: I'd like to go on record right now that next year there will be a post that substantially reads like this:

"I took some community college courses to boost my gpa, but didnt do very good in them. Do you think schools will find out if i dont submit that transcript to lsac?"

:lol:

Wade LeBosh

Bronze

Post by Wade LeBosh » Fri May 20, 2011 6:14 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:
Chief Littlebighead wrote:they say that if you cant get in A in the class your just a freakin moron

try this:

I'd like to go on record right now that next year there will be a post that substantially reads like this:

What are you, the internet grammar police? who carezzzzz

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Kabuo

Silver

Post by Kabuo » Fri May 20, 2011 6:20 pm

Are you defending him because he has Lebron in his name? It's not completely off topic grammar policing. Guy wants easy As, and one way to turn an A into not an A is to make pretty basic mistakes like that.

*Not that I think the guy is an idiot or hate Lebron, just wondering if this was part of the "Fan Up" campaign.

BackToTheOldHouse

Silver

Post by BackToTheOldHouse » Fri May 20, 2011 6:46 pm

Kabuo wrote:Are you defending him because he has Lebron in his name? It's not completely off topic grammar policing. Guy wants easy As, and one way to turn an A into not an A is to make pretty basic mistakes like that.

*Not that I think the guy is an idiot or hate Lebron, just wondering if this was part of the "Fan Up" campaign.
I think OP and Wade LeBosh are the same person. That's why he's asking about GPA floors in another thread.

Wade LeBosh

Bronze

Post by Wade LeBosh » Sat May 21, 2011 1:49 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
Kabuo wrote:Are you defending him because he has Lebron in his name? It's not completely off topic grammar policing. Guy wants easy As, and one way to turn an A into not an A is to make pretty basic mistakes like that.

I think OP and Wade LeBosh are the same person. That's why he's asking about GPA floors in another thread.
Hahahaha this is very funny :D . I didn't even notice his name was lebron4president and we definitely aren't the same person.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”