Specific LOR Processes question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
admisionquestion

Bronze

Specific LOR Processes question

Post by admisionquestion » Sun May 01, 2011 11:11 pm

I am not sure why I am struggling to wrap my head around this but...

I get that LOR's can be submitted to LSAC to sit there until they get sent in with individual applications.
I am confused about how one goes about filling out evaluations and/or if there is other paperwork that my recommender has to fill out with each letter.

Can someone give me a quick overview of this part of the application process.

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Re: Specific LOR Processes question

Post by BlakcMajikc » Sun May 01, 2011 11:26 pm

admisionquestion wrote:I am not sure why I am struggling to wrap my head around this but...

I get that LOR's can be submitted to LSAC to sit there until they get sent in with individual applications.
I am confused about how one goes about filling out evaluations and/or if there is other paperwork that my recommender has to fill out with each letter.

Can someone give me a quick overview of this part of the application process.
Here is the rundown on recommendations:

You register with the CAS (candidate assembly service) of the LSAC. Then you go to the Recommendations section where you put in the name, title, etc of the Recommender. Then you will enter that and print (or get the pdf of) the form, which is a cover letter. You will sign and date it. You give that recommender-specific cover letter to the particular recommender. The recommnder will submit their letter with that cover letter directly to the LSAC.

Someone else can answer on evaluations, which are different than LORs.

admisionquestion

Bronze

Post by admisionquestion » Sun May 01, 2011 11:32 pm

Thanks!

So, if I want one LOR writer to fill out both generic and school specific recommendations do they need to fill out multiple copies of that cover letter and use multiple envelopes?

Magnolia

Silver

Post by Magnolia » Mon May 02, 2011 12:00 am

admisionquestion wrote:Thanks!

So, if I want one LOR writer to fill out both generic and school specific recommendations do they need to fill out multiple copies of that cover letter and use multiple envelopes?
I assume you mean that you want to submit school-specific LORs and generic LORs? If so, you'll create separate cover letters for each LOR and give them separate titles, such as School X Rec, School Y Rec, Generic Rec, etc. Then just have your recommender paper clip the correct cover letter to each LOR. They can all be mailed in one envelope.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”