Soo... how do I disclose getting a public indecency ticket? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
whymeohgodno

Gold

Re: Soo... how do I disclose getting a public indecency ticket?

Post by whymeohgodno » Fri May 06, 2011 4:41 pm

I hope you become convicted and become a sex offender. It will add to the already lulzy story.

belligerentfuture

New

Post by belligerentfuture » Fri May 06, 2011 4:42 pm

the slightly depressing part is that I'm pretty sure given the weather and temperature before 9am in Boston at the time that indecency ticket was issued, it was probably to two homeless people living in the park in Dorchester having adult relations in their 'home'.... with that as a perspective, OP's problem is certainly an 'oh sh*t', but we all risk ending up in worse situations by losing a bedroom to do it in....

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Fri May 06, 2011 4:42 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:I hope you become convicted and become a sex offender. It will add to the already lulzy story.
Your posts are always so uplifting.

Rock-N-Roll

Bronze

Post by Rock-N-Roll » Fri May 06, 2011 4:49 pm

Patriot1208 wrote: "Aging" is not the reason you are humorless and uptight. I'd wager most 40+ year olds I know would find this trivial. You find this to be a big deal because you are an uptight asshole, no matter what your age is.
Although I hate to dignify this kind of inane and misguided hostility with a response, you have entirely missed my point. I was not writing about aging per se but about empathy and growth as a person.

Patriot 1208 I encourage you to do some introspection because bringing this level of immaturity, hostility, and intolerance to law school and your legal career will invariably alienate and offend many of your peers and future clients. Best of luck to you though.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Fri May 06, 2011 4:51 pm

Rock-N-Roll wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote: "Aging" is not the reason you are humorless and uptight. I'd wager most 40+ year olds I know would find this trivial. You find this to be a big deal because you are an uptight asshole, no matter what your age is.
Although I hate to dignify this kind of inane and misguided hostility with a response, you have entirely missed my point. I was not writing about aging per se but about empathy and growth as a person.

Patriot 1208 I encourage you to do some introspection because bringing this level of immaturity, hostility, and intolerance to law school and your legal career will invariably alienate and offend many of your peers and future clients. Best of luck to you though.
I bet Patriot doesn't act the same way IRL as he does on TLS.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:37 pm

Rock-N-Roll wrote:

You mistake blunt honesty with hostility. And saying ''as all you children grow into responsible people and become enlightened like me you will see how terrible this was'' is not only insulting, Self serving, and idiotic, it's flat out bullshit.

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:38 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
Rock-N-Roll wrote:

I bet Patriot doesn't act the same way IRL as he does on TLS.
Yes and no, calling out underhanded self serving bullshit is definitely something I'd do IRL

rose711

Bronze

Post by rose711 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:52 pm

throwawayaccount wrote:I thought this thread was dead, thanks for all your help guys :)

New information:

1) I didn't want to say this because I thought it would out me, but it turns out there are tons of them all over the US. We were at a public, clothing optional park. It's at this gorgeous waterfront and it was totally empty. The other time we got caught at 2am in the woods. So if kids saw either time, I'mma go ahead and point to bad parenting.
2) In my state (I'm pretty sure) it IS a sex offender crime. I'm hoping that they'll knock it down though because of the aforementioned location and because my county is super, super, super liberal about public nudity. This cop was seriously an anomaly, that same day there was a festival going on where half the city was walking around topless (around children). Hell, I saw mothers walking around topless with their children o.O
3) I am not the Boston lady. That is way, way too early.

Also, gmreplay and Rock-N-Roll - you guys seem like the type who called other another kid's parents in high school if some girl brought a six pack of bitch beer to a sleepover. I am sad for your Sunday school to Student Government to law school to 9-5 lives :(
So glad you replied. I was concerned that somehow you missed the message from the thread about the seriousness of this misdemeanor - not that you would have ignored the whole thing anyway - but the "registered sex offender" threat gives me a really bad vibe. Somehow I feel more concerned about this misdemeanor than I do the threads people post about drug possession. It worries me that you could get a hard ass prosecutor and/or judge if the cop was willing to write out a citation. I think usually a cop won't issue a ticket if they know it won't be enforced by higher levels of authority.

I know you will be contrite in front of the judge/ magistrate, not rely on excuses, but take responsibility, for your own actions,etc, all the stuff you need to do to show remorse/rehabilitation. (You know that clothing optional is prob not the same thing as permitting public sex. ;) ) It is fine to vent ITT but make sure you have the correct attitude when needed.

Good luck with this one.

Kabuo

Silver

Post by Kabuo » Fri May 06, 2011 6:56 pm

Thread of the day!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Rock-N-Roll

Bronze

Post by Rock-N-Roll » Fri May 06, 2011 7:59 pm

Patriot1208 wrote: You mistake blunt honesty with hostility. And saying ''as all you children grow into responsible people and become enlightened like me you will see how terrible this was'' is not only insulting, Self serving, and idiotic, it's flat out bullshit.
I should leave well enough alone, but here is my response anyway:

Blunt honesty is not at issue for me, it is your tone and language. In fact in your above quoted post it seems like you actually try to justify your use of disrespectful tone and language due to your perceived absolute righteousness (i.e. brutal honesty) in the face of my supposed condescension. That kind of approach is just as self-serving as you accuse mine of being.

Although you did summarize my post in a way that makes me seem condescending, I will grant you that the gist is correct. Yes, I do believe that posters like you who make light of this case will see it in a different light over time. Go ahead and disagree but be respectful in how you do it. Discussion and debate is part of the career path we are both on, and as I previously intimated, you will be well served by working to practice good form (i.e. being civil) both on TLS and IRL.

Kabuo

Silver

Post by Kabuo » Fri May 06, 2011 8:09 pm

Rock-N-Roll wrote:Discussion and debate is part of the career path we are both on, and as I previously intimated, you will be well served by working to practice good form (i.e. being civil) both on TLS and IRL.
I love a non-trad who is comfortable saying "IRL."

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Fri May 06, 2011 8:22 pm

Rock-N-Roll wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote: You mistake blunt honesty with hostility. And saying ''as all you children grow into responsible people and become enlightened like me you will see how terrible this was'' is not only insulting, Self serving, and idiotic, it's flat out bullshit.
I should leave well enough alone, but here is my response anyway:

Blunt honesty is not at issue for me, it is your tone and language. In fact in your above quoted post it seems like you actually try to justify your use of disrespectful tone and language due to your perceived absolute righteousness (i.e. brutal honesty) in the face of my supposed condescension. That kind of approach is just as self-serving as you accuse mine of being.
Although you did summarize my post in a way that makes me seem condescending, I will grant you that the gist is correct. Yes, I do believe that posters like you who make light of this case will see it in a different light over time. Go ahead and disagree but be respectful in how you do it. Discussion and debate is part of the career path we are both on, and as I previously intimated, you will be well served by working to practice good form (i.e. being civil) both on TLS and IRL.
Except, I don't need to justify my tone because I'm not self conscious about my standing on tls. On the other hand every one of your posts wreak of pompousness and condensation. The amount of arrogance you are displaying is far more off putting in any professional relationship than blunt and abrasive honesty could be. You don't have some hidden world perspective we all are looking for nor do you have some insight that we all lack. I don't need your advice on how to behave. Continuing to act as if you are some mature bringer of wisdom that I am in need of makes you an asshole, however abrasive that may be. There are tons of different life experiences on this board with people at all different times of their lives. We are all adults, you are no ones parent.

If you don't want to be called on your shit, don't spout that shit in the first place.

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Fri May 06, 2011 8:39 pm

Nightrunner wrote:As much fun as I'm having watching this unnecessary, tangential, and annoying cock measuring match - which is to say, "little fun with a little ruler" - how about you talk about OP's situation or kindly make your way to the lounge.
Since when is 5 and a half inches a little ruler?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Rock-N-Roll

Bronze

Post by Rock-N-Roll » Fri May 06, 2011 8:39 pm

Patriot1208: I do believe you and I have reached the point where nothing more will be achieved through discussion. You insist on responding to me in a way I find objectionable and insulting.

I do find it interesting that my posts seem condescending to you. I certainly am doing my best to take the higher ground in response to your vulgarity, and maybe that's why it seems that way to you.

The last word is yours if you want it. I'm out.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”