Soo... how do I disclose getting a public indecency ticket? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
throwawayaccount

New

Re: Soo... how do I disclose getting a public indecency ticket?

Post by throwawayaccount » Fri May 06, 2011 2:06 pm

I thought this thread was dead, thanks for all your help guys :)

New information:

1) I didn't want to say this because I thought it would out me, but it turns out there are tons of them all over the US. We were at a public, clothing optional park. It's at this gorgeous waterfront and it was totally empty. The other time we got caught at 2am in the woods. So if kids saw either time, I'mma go ahead and point to bad parenting.
2) In my state (I'm pretty sure) it IS a sex offender crime. I'm hoping that they'll knock it down though because of the aforementioned location and because my county is super, super, super liberal about public nudity. This cop was seriously an anomaly, that same day there was a festival going on where half the city was walking around topless (around children). Hell, I saw mothers walking around topless with their children o.O
3) I am not the Boston lady. That is way, way too early.

Also, gmreplay and Rock-N-Roll - you guys seem like the type who called other another kid's parents in high school if some girl brought a six pack of bitch beer to a sleepover. I am sad for your Sunday school to Student Government to law school to 9-5 lives :(

Rock-N-Roll

Bronze

Post by Rock-N-Roll » Fri May 06, 2011 2:10 pm

beachbum wrote: you have a very ironic username
Not meant to be. I love music. But I get the hint.

bfaiken

New

Post by bfaiken » Fri May 06, 2011 2:18 pm

throwawayaccount wrote:I thought this thread was dead, thanks for all your help guys :)

New information:

1) I didn't want to say this because I thought it would out me, but it turns out there are tons of them all over the US. We were at a public, clothing optional park. It's at this gorgeous waterfront and it was totally empty. The other time we got caught at 2am in the woods. So if kids saw either time, I'mma go ahead and point to bad parenting.
2) In my state (I'm pretty sure) it IS a sex offender crime. I'm hoping that they'll knock it down though because of the aforementioned location and because my county is super, super, super liberal about public nudity. This cop was seriously an anomaly, that same day there was a festival going on where half the city was walking around topless (around children). Hell, I saw mothers walking around topless with their children o.O

Also, gmreplay and Rock-N-Roll - you guys seem like the type who called other another kid's parents in high school if some girl brought a six pack of bitch beer to a sleepover. I am sad for your Sunday school to Student Government to law school to 9-5 lives :(
You really need to get a lawyer by any means necessary. This is not something you want to mess with. Forget about going to law school...if you are a registered sex offender, getting admitted to the bar could be an issue (which is also why schools will care).

This was your first offense (that the government will know about...speaking of which, you might want to delete any mention of the previous incident from anywhere on the web, including here). You're probably a pretty good student with a solid overall record if you're looking at law school. You should certainly be able to get away without this going on your record. This my be a little paranoid, but it's just not something worth taking any chances with.

And fwiw, I don't judge. The only real mistake you made was getting caught.

jdhonest

Bronze

Post by jdhonest » Fri May 06, 2011 2:21 pm

throwawayaccount wrote:I thought this thread was dead, thanks for all your help guys :)

New information:

-warm enough to be nude at the time
-Nudist park
-on water
-liberal county in state with seemingly draconian laws
-some nice cops, others not so much
-festival with topless people

You may not have outted yourself, but you certainly narrowed it down. (still, no judgment here)

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Fri May 06, 2011 2:22 pm

Why have pics not yet been posted?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Rock-N-Roll

Bronze

Post by Rock-N-Roll » Fri May 06, 2011 2:22 pm

throwawayaccount wrote:
What did I do to deserve that? I didn't mean to become a firebrand in this thread. I just don't see this the way that you all do. I wish you all well, and best of luck to OP with your law school applications (sincerely).

geoduck

Silver

Post by geoduck » Fri May 06, 2011 2:25 pm

Rock-N-Roll wrote:
throwawayaccount wrote:
What did I do to deserve that? I didn't mean to become a firebrand in this thread. I just don't see this the way that you all do. I wish you all well, and best of luck to OP with your law school applications (sincerely).
Having a stick up the bum isn't a crime. There are many lovely people with sticks up their bums. And to be fair, he's probably right about this being more serious than some of us are making it. The sex offender roster ain't a great place to be.

czelede

Silver

Post by czelede » Fri May 06, 2011 2:26 pm

Given the sex offender thing, I think the best course of action is to get a lawyer if you can afford it*. Keep in mind though, that depending on how long they decide to drag it out, there is a good chance that it won't be resolved by the time you apply (this fall, I'm assuming).

*Edit: for reasons unrelated to applications themselves

throwawayaccount

New

Post by throwawayaccount » Fri May 06, 2011 2:28 pm

Rock-N-Roll wrote:
throwawayaccount wrote:
My bad, didn't see your other post and lumped you in with gmreplay.

You're cool, in a dad kind of way ;)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Fri May 06, 2011 3:20 pm

geoduck wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:"Hide his you know what"

No, I really do not know.
I'm guessing the cop got hard from seeing them doing it.
This is correct. The secret word is "erection".
The cop let her off because he wanted to hide his erection?

Two questions come to mind:

1) Who the fuck has so little self control over their erections? Was the cop going through puberty?

2) Why was OP staring at his crotch after getting busted for having sex in public?

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Fri May 06, 2011 3:21 pm

Rock-N-Roll wrote:
Aqualibrium wrote: Please remove the stick from your ass...
As one ages they tend to become less egocentric and more empathetic of others. This shift in personality naturally makes one more aware of their community and society, and thus more mindful of the laws of that society (assuming they are just).

I suspect some might not see the world in those terms (yet). In fact, years ago I might have found the OP's scenario humorous and trivial too, but I've changed, and I don't think I'm now anymore uptight than anyone else my age. Which, by the way, is probably closer to the age of the typical adcom member.
"Aging" is not the reason you are humorless and uptight. I'd wager most 40+ year olds I know would find this trivial. You find this to be a big deal because you are an uptight asshole, no matter what your age is.

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Fri May 06, 2011 3:22 pm

RC fail.

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Fri May 06, 2011 3:27 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
1) Who the fuck has so little self control over their erections? Was the cop going through puberty?

What is this erection control you speak of?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Fri May 06, 2011 3:35 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:

What is this erection control you speak of?
It took me years of training with Pai Mei to reach this point.

TheOcho

Bronze

Post by TheOcho » Fri May 06, 2011 3:37 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
geoduck wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:"Hide his you know what"

No, I really do not know.
I'm guessing the cop got hard from seeing them doing it.
This is correct. The secret word is "erection".
The cop let her off because he wanted to hide his erection?

Two questions come to mind:

2) Why was OP staring at his crotch after getting busted for having sex in public?
I feel like there could be a really good TV series coming out of this called "Erection Control."

sidhesadie

Bronze

Post by sidhesadie » Fri May 06, 2011 3:44 pm

I personally don't see a problem with what the op did given the revealed circumstance (a clothing optional park is hardly like "we were screwing by the jungle gym").

However, I think it would be a dreadful mistake to take lightly the possibility of being a registered sex offender and the issues that could cause with the bar in your state.

Personally, I would (anonymously not from your cell phone!) call the bar assoc. in your state and ASK THEM about a registered sex offender and C&F. This could be a serious problem. If not, great. But I'd sure ask because 'affording a lawyer' might not really be optional here.

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Fri May 06, 2011 3:54 pm

sidhesadie wrote:I personally don't see a problem with what the op did given the revealed circumstance (a clothing optional park is hardly like "we were screwing by the jungle gym").

However, I think it would be a dreadful mistake to take lightly the possibility of being a registered sex offender and the issues that could cause with the bar in your state.

Personally, I would (anonymously not from your cell phone!) call the bar assoc. in your state and ASK THEM about a registered sex offender and C&F. This could be a serious problem. If not, great. But I'd sure ask because 'affording a lawyer' might not really be optional here.
YA THEY WILL TRACE YOUR CELL PHONE AND KEEP IT ON FILE!!!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

geoduck

Silver

Post by geoduck » Fri May 06, 2011 3:55 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
sidhesadie wrote:I personally don't see a problem with what the op did given the revealed circumstance (a clothing optional park is hardly like "we were screwing by the jungle gym").

That's why you find one of the remaining pay phones (it's probably near the YMCA) to make the call. Duh.

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Fri May 06, 2011 3:57 pm

Are registered sex offenders like ex whores?
Ex whores helping whores get off the streets -> Registered sex offenders becoming lawyers to defend other sex offenders?

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Fri May 06, 2011 3:58 pm

geoduck wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:

That's why you find one of the remaining pay phones (it's probably near the YMCA) to make the call. Duh.
If the Wire taught me anything, it's don't trust the pay phones.

geoduck

Silver

Post by geoduck » Fri May 06, 2011 4:00 pm

aliarrow wrote:Are registered sex offenders like ex whores?
Ex whores helping whores get off the streets -> Registered sex offenders becoming lawyers to defend other sex offenders?
"Your honor. If I may, I'd like to request that you throw this whole case out. It's pretty obvious to both my client and myself that she was asking for it."

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

almightypush

Bronze

Post by almightypush » Fri May 06, 2011 4:16 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
geoduck wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:

If the Wire taught me anything, it's don't trust the pay phones.
indeed. a "burner phone," as those Barksdale boys called them, is the only way to go in this situation.

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Fri May 06, 2011 4:28 pm

in haiku form

JordynAsh

Bronze

Post by JordynAsh » Fri May 06, 2011 4:35 pm

mths wrote:in haiku form
Though clothing was optional,
It was indecent.
I swear I'm not a pervert.

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Fri May 06, 2011 4:39 pm

JordynAsh wrote:
mths wrote:in haiku form
Though clothing was optional,
It was indecent.
I swear I'm not a pervert.
/golf clap

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”