Sample Applications? What does it take? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lynxdove

New

Sample Applications? What does it take?

Post by lynxdove » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:51 am

Hi all,

I have been looking around these forums for a while and couldn't find a list of things to do/sample law school applications. I am currently a freshman at Yale, and for arguments sake, if I maintain my 3.90 all four years and get a high LSAT, what else should I do to get into a T14 law school?

Right now, I'm just doing activities I enjoy, nothing special. A few of my friends, who want to go to medical school, said that process is a lot more regimented - you must do this type of volunteering, that type of volunteering, research, work experience, etc. etc. etc.

I am wondering what type of things do the most successful law school candidates do? Are there any broad categories you must fulfill or you are virtually screened out? Does anyone have any sample applications/resumes of successful law school candidates or know where I can find some?

Thanks

ladybug89

Bronze

Re: Sample Applications? What does it take?

Post by ladybug89 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:39 am

Unlike med school, there's no specific thing you have to do to get into law school. For argument's sake, a 3.90 from Yale + good LSAT will certainly break the T14 and probably CCN as well. But I know HYPSers, and I think when you say T14, you mean T6 or HYS.

So maintain your GPA, find things you care about, and rock them. They'll only matter for the tippity top schools anyway.
Sample applications probably won't be much help. there are books of personal statements and things out there but who knows if they're any good.

Also, STOP THINKING ABOUT THIS. relax bud. you're a freshman. just work hard, make the most of your college experience and everything will be fine.
Last edited by ladybug89 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeaverHunter

New

Re: Sample Applications? What does it take?

Post by BeaverHunter » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:36 am

Live in the moment, get good grades, take your time graduating, and do what you like. If you still want to go to law school in 4-5 years you will be in good shape.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”