Should these honors be on my resume? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
refusetolose

New

Should these honors be on my resume?

Post by refusetolose » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:07 pm

I received Dean's List and President's Honor Roll (earning a 4.0 basically) for many consecutive semesters. Should these things be kept on a law school resume if I already have a 3.89 GPA and High Honors listed on it? I'm trying to condense my resume but also don't want to remove these things if doing so would take away from the value of my resume

Knock

Platinum

Re: Should these honors be on my resume?

Post by Knock » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:08 pm

refusetolose wrote:I received Dean's List and President's Honor Roll (earning a 4.0 basically) for many consecutive semesters. Should these things be kept on a law school resume if I already have a 3.89 GPA and High Honors listed on it? I'm trying to condense my resume but also don't want to remove these things if doing so would take away from the value of my resume
Is this a resume for applying to law school, or for trying to get a job from law school? I can't tell from your post. It depends on what you'd have to give up, but I have my individual honors like that on my resume. I didn't have to give up anything significant though, so it was an easy decision for me.

refusetolose

New

Post by refusetolose » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:12 pm

Knock wrote:Is this a resume for applying to law school, or for trying to get a job from law school? I can't tell from your post. It depends on what you'd have to give up, but I have my individual honors like that on my resume. I didn't have to give up anything significant though, so it was an easy decision for me.
Since I may be reapplying, both. So I guess you say try to keep them if possible. I wouldn't have to remove anything to keep them..I'm graduating though and honor societies and awards are starting to pile up and it looks a little cluttered which I don't like

almightypush

Bronze

Post by almightypush » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:44 pm

refusetolose wrote:
Knock wrote:Is this a resume for applying to law school, or for trying to get a job from law school? I can't tell from your post. It depends on what you'd have to give up, but I have my individual honors like that on my resume. I didn't have to give up anything significant though, so it was an easy decision for me.
Since I may be reapplying, both. So I guess you say try to keep them if possible. I wouldn't have to remove anything to keep them..I'm graduating though and honor societies and awards are starting to pile up and it looks a little cluttered which I don't like
i'd keep them for the purpose of applying to law school. each app i submitted this cycle specifically asked (in one way or another) to note any significant honor received - and those mentioned in the OP certainly fits the bill.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”