LSAC Law School Forums, worth attending? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tehrocstar

Bronze

LSAC Law School Forums, worth attending?

Post by tehrocstar » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:06 pm

Recently I bought a preptest from LSAC and along with it came a flyer for the LSAC Law School Forums: http://www.lsac.org/jd/choose/forums-an ... events.asp

Any benefits to attending these? I only found two previous post about these events and they were limited. Has someone here attended and can say how it was? What about fee waivers? I'm taking the LSAT this June and apply this fall.

lovejopd

Silver

Re: LSAC Law School Forums, worth attending?

Post by lovejopd » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:33 pm

tehrocstar wrote:Recently I bought a preptest from LSAC and along with it came a flyer for the LSAC Law School Forums: http://www.lsac.org/jd/choose/forums-an ... events.asp

Any benefits to attending these? I only found two previous post about these events and they were limited. Has someone here attended and can say how it was? What about fee waivers? I'm taking the LSAT this June and apply this fall.
Not worth for me as well as my friend. It is nothing but picking up some brochure that is available online in the law school site. Also, the representatives(depending on a school) are not always admission com...sometimes just grad school students passing out fliers... :lol:

txadv11

Silver

Post by txadv11 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:59 am

Wasn't worth my time.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:35 pm

Not really worth it, unless you are like the girls behind me at one of the conferences that were deciding where to apply based on schools median GPAs...

HUSL2014

New

Post by HUSL2014 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:05 pm

It is worth attending if you are in the area. You can sometimes sell yourself better in person and get a fee waiver that you would not have gotten via email or over the phone. Also you can sometimes meet reps for the schools that you are really interested and if you make a good impression they will remember you when they are viewing your file.

alexonfyre

Bronze

Post by alexonfyre » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:09 pm

You post one poster sized picture of your penis on their message boards and all of a sudden you are banned from any of their events for life...

So no, I wouldn't go anywhere for those prudes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”