UW Madison Enrollment Decision Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Vauqouis

New

UW Madison Enrollment Decision

Post by Vauqouis » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:46 am

Should I declare uncertainty?

I have been accepted to several schools around Madison's rank, though none that would offer sufficiently better job prospects for me to give up the in state tuition I would receive. Madison it is.

They do not have seat deposits. Instead they ask admitted students to kindly reply to a survey stating their intent to either attend, withdraw, or state uncertainty. The deadline is supposedly extended from the 11th of April to May 1st if you are uncertain.

General TLS knowledge posits that admitted students can and should wait as long as possible to declare their attendance, usually through seat deposits. 166 3.55 seems like it may warrant a scholarship from Madison (stingy as they are), but I have yet to hear anything back. Should I just declare I am uncertain? Does any Madison student on this board have experience with this? Do I stand to gain anything by making Madison wait, or should I just take my in-state and pretend to like it?

Have any prospective Madison students received scholarship info?

Thanks for the help.

columbia86

Bronze

Re: UW Madison Enrollment Decision

Post by columbia86 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:05 am

Vauqouis wrote:Should I declare uncertainty?

I have been accepted to several schools around Madison's rank, though none that would offer sufficiently better job prospects for me to give up the in state tuition I would receive. Madison it is.

They do not have seat deposits. Instead they ask admitted students to kindly reply to a survey stating their intent to either attend, withdraw, or state uncertainty. The deadline is supposedly extended from the 11th of April to May 1st if you are uncertain.

General TLS knowledge posits that admitted students can and should wait as long as possible to declare their attendance, usually through seat deposits. 166 3.55 seems like it may warrant a scholarship from Madison (stingy as they are), but I have yet to hear anything back. Should I just declare I am uncertain? Does any Madison student on this board have experience with this? Do I stand to gain anything by making Madison wait, or should I just take my in-state and pretend to like it?

Have any prospective Madison students received scholarship info?

Thanks for the help.
Bump. Just received the notification deadline email.

Approximately how many days/weeks after acceptance did admitted students receive their scholarship offer?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”