UDC($$) vs. Depaul($) vs. Miami(Sticker) Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nodummy

Bronze

Re: UDC($$) vs. Depaul($) vs. Miami(Sticker)

Post by nodummy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:00 am

TheFactor wrote:If you can rationalize paying $120k+ to go to a school where you'll have less than a 10% chance of getting a job that pays that much, then go to Miami.
So, by your reasoning the first job out of school should be at or above the total amount of debt owed? You are also a moron my friend.

TheFactor

Silver

Post by TheFactor » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:05 am

nodummy wrote:
TheFactor wrote:If you can rationalize paying $120k+ to go to a school where you'll have less than a 10% chance of getting a job that pays that much, then go to Miami.
So, by your reasoning the first job out of school should be at or above the total amount of debt owed? You are also a moron my friend.
By my reasoning, it is foolish to take on $120k+ in debt to go to a school where you have a 9/10 chance of being unemployed or making less than $50k/yr. If that makes me a moron, then so be it.

nodummy

Bronze

Post by nodummy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:35 am

TheFactor wrote:
nodummy wrote:
By my reasoning, it is foolish to take on $120k+ in debt to go to a school where you have a 9/10 chance of being unemployed or making less than $50k/yr. If that makes me a moron, then so be it.
yeah, you're a moron. but so be it, i guess.

TheFactor

Silver

Post by TheFactor » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:46 am

Which is more likely? That everyone in this thread is a moron, or that you are wrong?

mpj_3050

Bronze

Post by mpj_3050 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:33 am

You aren't listening to these folks and they are right. 120k of debt (and this is a rather low estimate because you still have some outside expenses) when you make 40-50k is horrible.

If you make 40-50k and have a similar level of debt you are fine. If you have even 80k I would say it could work for you given your current situation. But a low-ball estimate of 120k in debt is insanity given the cost of living in Miami post-law school vs. your probable starting salary.

Edit: I'm changing my vote to none. And believe me I'm not being an ass it is just that these are really, really bad choices.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DC7935

New

Post by DC7935 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:32 am

I would honestly take UDC in this situation. UDC's clinical programs give you the chance to build some great connections in Washington. I have worked with some UDC Law grads who enjoyed their time at the school while graduating with little debt. The school prepares you to work in the courtroom as a trial attorney so many grads own their own firms. Though if you work hard you can work in any area of the law you want. For example this guy is a UDC Law grad and is one of the most respected attorneys at Greenberg Traurig.

--LinkRemoved--

DC7935

New

Post by DC7935 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:36 am

Also, I would not listen to 0L's on here. There are UDC Law grads all over DC. No one gives a damn about U of Miami or Depaul in DC.

TheFactor

Silver

Post by TheFactor » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:02 pm

DC7935 wrote:Also, I would not listen to 0L's on here. There are UDC Law grads all over DC. No one gives a damn about U of Miami or Depaul in DC.

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:25 pm

The OP could not have picked a less appropriate name.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nodummy

Bronze

Post by nodummy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:31 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:The OP could not have picked a less appropriate name.
what about i'mnotanidiotwhowillpaystickerpriceatmiami

arvcondor

Bronze

Post by arvcondor » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:44 am

This is entertaining. Tag.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:05 am

Come to Miami if you have a vagina. Otherwise - don't.

--------

Everybody else is right. People are graduating and grabbing jobs in local firms as clerks or w/e making 10-11/hr. You probably won't make top 10. (Percent? Probably not.) Don't deny this because it's going to a roll of the dice.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”