study abroad transcript Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BillsFan9907

Silver

study abroad transcript

Post by BillsFan9907 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:08 pm

I did a study abroad program in South Africa during undergrad but I withdrew and did not receive any grades. The program is listed on my undergraduate transcript, but no grades are presented on the transcript. I think I may have gotten W's at the international university, but my home university never asked for a transcript.

The study abroad program was sponsored by my home institution.

Do I need to submit a transcript from the international school or is my school's handling the issue on my transcript sufficient?
Last edited by BillsFan9907 on Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OnlyLivingBoyinNY

New

Re: study abroad transcript

Post by OnlyLivingBoyinNY » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:20 pm

Seoulless wrote:I did a study abroad program during undergrad but I withdrew and did not receive any grades. The program is listed on my undergraduate transcript, but no grades are presented on the transcript. I think I may have gotten W's at the international university, but my home university never asked for a transcript.

The study abroad program was sponsored by my home institution.

Do I need to submit a transcript from the international school or is my school's handling the issue on my transcript sufficient?
From what I understand, if you studied abroad for less than 2 semesters (which it sounds like you did), than you will not need to submit a transcript from the international university. Although, they may be curious as to why you withdrew. Your case is so specific that you may consider calling LSAC to see what they recommend.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”