Will Berkeley be easier to get into? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
le_taon

New

Re: Will Berkeley be easier to get into?

Post by le_taon » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:33 am

glewz wrote:
jeremysen wrote:
le_taon wrote:Apparently Chicago's 1L class (of 2013) was somewhat over-subscribed this year, and the primary reason was its one-spot jump over NYU in the USNWR 2011 rankings.
I don't think over-matriculation can be credited Primarily to a 1-spot jump. Nearly all the top law schools experienced something similar (2013 class) to the phenomenon you described...
I agree. Where'd you pull that out of, le-taon?
Either admissions or the dean said as much in a public talk to the students.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:16 am

le_taon wrote:
glewz wrote:
jeremysen wrote:
le_taon wrote:Apparently Chicago's 1L class (of 2013) was somewhat over-subscribed this year, and the primary reason was its one-spot jump over NYU in the USNWR 2011 rankings.
I don't think over-matriculation can be credited Primarily to a 1-spot jump. Nearly all the top law schools experienced something similar (2013 class) to the phenomenon you described...
I agree. Where'd you pull that out of, le-taon?
Either admissions or the dean said as much in a public talk to the students.
Almost every school over enrolled last year. That's what happens when there is a huge boost in qualified applicants...

cornellbeez

Bronze

Post by cornellbeez » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:34 pm

Yes, mainly due to the tuition increases. But it's still the T-14 that has the lowest LSAT scores (162 for the 25th), so maybe people with low scores would still be motivated to apply because they think it's their only shot at the T-14. So maybe we'll see a shift in the composition of the applicant pool.

cornellbeez

Bronze

Post by cornellbeez » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:41 pm

plurilingue wrote:
Kronk wrote:Name a single university who has a rocking law school and a terrible undergrad / grad school or vice versa.
NYU.
haha, this is exactly what I was going to say.

pbutta123

New

Post by pbutta123 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:55 pm

I dont understand how a drop would make any school likely to be EASIER to get into...I imagine admissions would be upset by the drop and, if anything, RAISE their standards to regain their spot. But overall, Berkeley fluctuates 7-10 anyhow so Im not too sure theyll be changing their admission standards at all.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”