Highest transfer achieved from NY Law? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BigBlueLaw

Silver

Highest transfer achieved from NY Law?

Post by BigBlueLaw » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:41 pm

I have a friend who is dead-set on attending NY Law, even though I have tried to show her how bad an idea this could turn out to be. She refutes anything I say with the standard "I'll do really well and transfer out". Even though I've told her how difficult that could prove to be, it doesn't seem to get through. Just to satisfy my curiosity, what is the highest ranked school a NY law transfer, that you know or know of, has been accepted to?

kings84_wr

Silver

Re: Highest transfer achieved from NY Law?

Post by kings84_wr » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:57 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:I have a friend who is dead-set on attending NY Law, even though I have tried to show her how bad an idea this could turn out to be. She refutes anything I say with the standard "I'll do really well and transfer out". Even though I've told her how difficult that could prove to be, it doesn't seem to get through. Just to satisfy my curiosity, what is the highest ranked school a NY law transfer, that you know or know of, has been accepted to?
I don't have any specific info but you can check out the transfer apps group on yahoo. Im sure it has some data on NYLS or at least a similar ranked school. Some of the transfer threads from last year probably have some info too.

Fred_McGriff

Bronze

Post by Fred_McGriff » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:12 pm

If she's dead set she's dead set. Sometimes lessons have to be learned the hard way.

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:42 pm

If she is number 1 in her class, she can probably get a T14. And only if she is number 1. Top 5-10% she can probably transfer to a lower T-1. NYLS is absolute shit though and she really shouldn't take that gamble.

SFnative

Bronze

Post by SFnative » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:09 pm

Is your friend you? :mrgreen:

Honestly, i have heard many success stories of transfers, but i have also heard of many failed attempts, just tell her that it is a BIG gamble to try and do it. I know this is not the schools you are interested in but, my buddy transferred from Thomas Jefferson to UCLA, he told me he worked non-stop and felt so burned out that by his second year, he flopped at UCLA and wished he would have just used that energy to study for the LSAT and got in with a high LSAT score.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mauvy8

New

Post by mauvy8 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:50 pm

I know this is not the schools you are interested in but, my buddy transferred from Thomas Jefferson to UCLA, he told me he worked non-stop and felt so burned out that by his second year, he flopped at UCLA and wished he would have just used that energy to study for the LSAT and got in with a high LSAT score.
SFnative, do you have any idea of the stats on your friend at TJSL who successfully transferred into UCLA? (final LSAT & TJSL ranking/percentage?) I am seriously considering doing the exact same, at this time next year, and I have no idea what my chances are.

UCLAtransfer

Bronze

Post by UCLAtransfer » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:54 pm

mauvy8 wrote:
I know this is not the schools you are interested in but, my buddy transferred from Thomas Jefferson to UCLA, he told me he worked non-stop and felt so burned out that by his second year, he flopped at UCLA and wished he would have just used that energy to study for the LSAT and got in with a high LSAT score.
SFnative, do you have any idea of the stats on your friend at TJSL who successfully transferred into UCLA? (final LSAT & TJSL ranking/percentage?) I am seriously considering doing the exact same, at this time next year, and I have no idea what my chances are.
This is a TERRIBLE idea. Transfer admissions have gotten MUCH more competitive over the last few years. Your chances would likely be next to zero.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”