Held at CLS and HLS- LOCI now? Or maybe wait for waitlist? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
peterb0y

Bronze

Held at CLS and HLS- LOCI now? Or maybe wait for waitlist?

Post by peterb0y » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:07 pm

Advice? I've heard about LOCI's maybe coming across as being pushy/bothersome when sent without having received a decision. However, I've been held at HLS and CLS, so I'm not sure what to do.... Send now or wait for the official decision?

Gracias TLS

yale2011

New

Re: Held at CLS and HLS- LOCI now? Or maybe wait for waitlist?

Post by yale2011 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:11 pm

Last edited by yale2011 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Gentleman

Silver

Re: Held at CLS and HLS- LOCI now? Or maybe wait for waitlist?

Post by The Gentleman » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:55 am

At HLS, I think it depends on whether or not you've had a JR1. I'm currently in JR1 --> Hold limbo and have decided not to write a LOCI. Every single point I would want to include in a letter was covered in my JR1, (What area of law I'm pursuing, why I'm passionate about it, why HLS is the perfect place to study it, and of course that HLS is my #1 choice), and I don't see how regurgitating it again will help my chances. If anything, it could come off as desperate and redundant. Dean Rubenstein has said that what you send reflects your judgment, and sending unnecessary materials (like a post JR1 LOCI) seems like a bad idea to me.

Of course, none of this is applicable if you're still waiting for a JR1. If that's the case, then get that sucker in the mail by Monday. And sorry if I hijacked your thread.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”