Visiting a law school you've applied to? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
deltasigbn

New

Visiting a law school you've applied to?

Post by deltasigbn » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:08 pm

Do you think it could help visiting a law school that I'm wait listed at or where the application is still pending?

Waitlisted at Illinois, pending at BU (which is an extreme reach but I have good softs and am an URM). I'm from Canada, but I'm making the trip to visit schools I've been accepted to and will be in the general areas of those schools.

Cade McNown

Silver

Re: Visiting a law school you've applied to?

Post by Cade McNown » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:10 pm

deltasigbn wrote:Do you think it could help visiting a law school that I'm wait listed at or where the application is still pending?

Waitlisted at Illinois, pending at BU (which is an extreme reach but I have good softs and am an URM). I'm from Canada, but I'm making the trip to visit schools I've been accepted to and will be in the general areas of those schools.
Help you get a feel for the schools and compare them to your acceptances: yes.

Help you get accepted: no.

gothamm

Silver

Post by gothamm » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:21 pm

Cade McNown wrote:
deltasigbn wrote:Do you think it could help visiting a law school that I'm wait listed at or where the application is still pending?

Help you get a feel for the schools and compare them to your acceptances: yes.

Help you get accepted: no.

False.

If you are waitlisted, it will certainly help to visit the school and mention the trip in a LOCI. Same for a school that is pending. In this case, mentioning the campus visit in a "why BU" would be a nice touch.

zonto

Bronze

Post by zonto » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:27 pm

If you're in the general area I don't think it can hurt (unless you let yourself get your hopes up and then get rejected). I visited BC for a couple hours on a trip planned to Boston and BU (accepted) even though I hadn't heard back from them yet. It was the only time I would be able to travel there due to money issues so I thought it was worth it. :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”