Criminology/Sociology majors

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Marionberry

Silver
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by Marionberry » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:19 pm

FalafelWaffle wrote:
Marionberry wrote:I thought this was gonna be a fun thread for us humanities majors to get together and reminisce about our leisurely undergrad experiences. I am disappointed.
I'm ready to reminisce. Man, aren't humanities classes with exams the worst? Papers are where it's at...choose your own reading and all that. Christ, I really don't deserve to go to law school...
Ha, I still managed to fuck up my GPA. But I actually preferred exams, I had a English minor which fucked up my GPA a little bit. If I had done straight soc, or soc/psych I would have had a lot more As. I picked a bunch of English classes, when I hate to read. Real smart...

User avatar
Mike12188

Silver
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by Mike12188 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:22 pm

I don't get it. You got a 150 and you're complaining about your GPA holding you back?

Anyone in their right mind would admit the 3.7/158 over a disgusting 2.7/150.

User avatar
FalafelWaffle

Bronze
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by FalafelWaffle » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:32 pm

Mike12188 wrote:I don't get it. You got a 150 and you're complaining about your GPA holding you back?

Anyone in their right mind would admit the 3.7/158 over a disgusting 2.7/150.
burn city

lhlee

Bronze
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:59 am

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by lhlee » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:44 pm

MexiCali wrote:I find it hard to believe that I lost in Texas Hold 'Em last night when I was holding pocket kings and my opponent had a 2 of hearts and a 4 of clubs.

You played the game wrong, brah. Stop bitching and figure out the way the system works, or stfu and gtfo.
You're supposed to raise till they
back out! Bluff them, sir.

Craplicant150

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:48 am

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by Craplicant150 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:11 am

Mike12188 wrote:I don't get it. You got a 150 and you're complaining about your GPA holding you back?

Anyone in their right mind would admit the 3.7/158 over a disgusting 2.7/150.

Any NFL team in there right mind would draft Giovanni Carmazzi and Chris Redman over Tom Brady... Oh wait...

Mark Twain said it the best:

There are three kind of lies.

1. Lies
2.Damb Lies
3.Statistcs

This board should be titled pretentiousjackwagons.com

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
FalafelWaffle

Bronze
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by FalafelWaffle » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:19 am

Craplicant150 wrote:Any NFL team in there right mind would draft Giovanni Carmazzi and Chris Redman over Tom Brady
What the hell are you talking about?

User avatar
Malcolm8X

Bronze
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:56 pm

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by Malcolm8X » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:23 am

FalafelWaffle wrote:
Malcolm8X wrote:"Life is unfair, get used to it."
-Bill GatesMan Richer than God talking down to the huddled masses
You go cry to mommy about how the world is screwed up. Me, I don't got time for that shit. I've been screwed too, but I'll adapt and learn to play the game. That's what separates the boys from the men.

Craplicant150

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:48 am

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by Craplicant150 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:24 am

FalafelWaffle wrote:
Craplicant150 wrote:Any NFL team in there right mind would draft Giovanni Carmazzi and Chris Redman over Tom Brady
It's called an analogy...

User avatar
Mike12188

Silver
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by Mike12188 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:27 am

You failed at UG AND you failed at preparing for or understanding the LSAT. What makes you think you will succeed in law school?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
FalafelWaffle

Bronze
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by FalafelWaffle » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:28 am

Malcolm8X wrote:
FalafelWaffle wrote:
Malcolm8X wrote:"Life is unfair, get used to it."
-Bill GatesMan Richer than God talking down to the huddled masses
You go cry to mommy about how the world is screwed up. Me, I don't got time for that shit. I've been screwed too, but I'll adapt and learn to play the game. That's what separates the boys from the men.
It was a joke, dimwit. I find it patronizing in the extreme for Bill Gates to say that "life is unfair." No fucking shit! I don't need a multibillionaire to remind me of that!

Adapt and play the game? Jesus, are you even 15 yet you little punk? Spare me your bullshit machismo.

User avatar
FalafelWaffle

Bronze
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by FalafelWaffle » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:31 am

Craplicant150 wrote:
FalafelWaffle wrote:
Craplicant150 wrote:Any NFL team in there right mind would draft Giovanni Carmazzi and Chris Redman over Tom Brady
It's called an analogy...
Sports analogies really showcase one's intelligence...

User avatar
akili

Gold
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by akili » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:35 am

Sociology was interesting and I figured just about all the humanities would give me the same job prospects (pretty much none) so I might as well enjoy what I was studying.

Also a 3.7/158 over a 2.7/150 is an absolute no brainer.

User avatar
Malcolm8X

Bronze
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:56 pm

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by Malcolm8X » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:45 am

FalafelWaffle wrote:
Malcolm8X wrote:
FalafelWaffle wrote:
Malcolm8X wrote:"Life is unfair, get used to it."
-Bill GatesMan Richer than God talking down to the huddled masses
You go cry to mommy about how the world is screwed up. Me, I don't got time for that shit. I've been screwed too, but I'll adapt and learn to play the game. That's what separates the boys from the men.
It was a joke, dimwit. I find it patronizing in the extreme for Bill Gates to say that "life is unfair." No fucking shit! I don't need a multibillionaire to remind me of that!

Adapt and play the game? Jesus, are you even 15 yet you little punk? Spare me your bullshit machismo.
Well some people do..
Dimwit? Little punk? You think your words hurt me? Are YOU 15 yet? I'm not tryna put you down, just tryna give you a good lifelong philosophy. You adopt this, and you're one step closer.

Edit
Last edited by Malcolm8X on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


Craplicant150

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:48 am

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by Craplicant150 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:47 am

Mike12188 wrote:You failed at UG AND you failed at preparing for or understanding the LSAT. What makes you think you will succeed in law school?
How did I fail at UG?

I graduated and got a job in my field


Since when is the LSAT a Pass or Fail test?

My score was right around the national average.

You're not too bright huh? Poor thing..

Craplicant150

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:48 am

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by Craplicant150 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:48 am

FalafelWaffle wrote:
Craplicant150 wrote:
FalafelWaffle wrote:
Craplicant150 wrote:Any NFL team in there right mind would draft Giovanni Carmazzi and Chris Redman over Tom Brady
It's called an analogy...
Sports analogies really showcase one's intelligence...
Straw Man argument.....

LSAT 101

User avatar
Mike12188

Silver
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by Mike12188 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:51 am

Craplicant150 wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:You failed at UG AND you failed at preparing for or understanding the LSAT. What makes you think you will succeed in law school?
How did I fail at UG?

I graduated and got a job in my field


Since when is the LSAT a Pass or Fail test?

My score was right around the national average.

You're not too bright huh? Poor thing..
Well life isn't exactly pass/fail either but your failing there too

ATR

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by ATR » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:09 am

Craplicant150 wrote:Straw Man argument.....

LSAT 101
You're not gonna make a lot of friends around here by using LSAT logic in your posts. At least you'll demonstrate your superior argumentative ability for us proles, though.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


cubswin

Silver
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by cubswin » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:23 am

ATR wrote:
Craplicant150 wrote:Straw Man argument.....

LSAT 101
You're not gonna make a lot of friends around here by using LSAT logic in your posts. At least you'll demonstrate your superior argumentative ability for us proles, though.
They really don't test straw man on the LSAT.

Craplicant150

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:48 am

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by Craplicant150 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:30 am

ATR wrote:
Craplicant150 wrote:Straw Man argument.....

LSAT 101
You're not gonna make a lot of friends around here by using LSAT logic in your posts. At least you'll demonstrate your superior argumentative ability for us proles, though.
I'm really not trying to make friends on these boards. I consider myself to be a Robin Hood type. My goal is to prove to the world that a person with average/poor numbers can be a great lawyer.

User avatar
akili

Gold
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by akili » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:32 am

Craplicant150 wrote:
ATR wrote:
Craplicant150 wrote:Straw Man argument.....

LSAT 101
You're not gonna make a lot of friends around here by using LSAT logic in your posts. At least you'll demonstrate your superior argumentative ability for us proles, though.
I'm really not trying to make friends on these boards. I consider myself to be a Robin Hood type. My goal is to prove to the world that a person with average/poor numbers can be a great lawyer.
Well get back to us in about 5 years or so and let us know.

Craplicant150

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:48 am

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by Craplicant150 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:33 am

cubswin wrote:
ATR wrote:
Craplicant150 wrote:Straw Man argument.....

LSAT 101
You're not gonna make a lot of friends around here by using LSAT logic in your posts. At least you'll demonstrate your superior argumentative ability for us proles, though.
They really don't test straw man on the LSAT.
They really don't test anythinig on the LSAT...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


User avatar
JusticeHarlan

Gold
Posts: 1511
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by JusticeHarlan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:39 am

.
Last edited by JusticeHarlan on Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
FalafelWaffle

Bronze
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by FalafelWaffle » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:52 am

Craplicant150 wrote:Straw Man argument.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOKK8mAkiUI

StickyIcky

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:13 pm

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by StickyIcky » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:56 am

Craplicant150 wrote:
FalafelWaffle wrote:
Sports analogies really showcase one's intelligence...
Straw Man argument.....

LSAT 101
It's not a straw man, it's an ad hominem:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

slacker

New
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:54 pm

Re: Criminology/Sociology majors

Post by slacker » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:56 am

Malcolm8X wrote:
FalafelWaffle wrote:
Malcolm8X wrote:"Life is unfair, get used to it."
-Bill GatesMan Richer than God talking down to the huddled masses
You go cry to mommy about how the world is screwed up. Me, I don't got time for that shit. I've been screwed too, but I'll adapt and learn to play the game. That's what separates the boys from the men.

Bill Gates never said this just so you know...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”