Retake Poll, Please help Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

What should I do?

Retake
14%
Not Retake
86%

Total votes: 59

flexityflex86

Silver

Re: Retake Poll, Please help

Post by flexityflex86 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:00 am

Don't think the cancel matters. Will look weird if you go down, but maybe not that much. 172 is still 99th percentile. schools might like the confidence. even if you got a 160, they're reporting a 173......

flexityflex86

Silver

Post by flexityflex86 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:01 am

jackjackson wrote:
northwood wrote:keep the score and apply. THe top schools average your scores- and when you are talking about 173+ it comes down to a few questions and the curve determining your score. If you get a unfriendly curve, or have a mildly bad test day your score will go down. With a cancel allready- do you want to have another??
Thanks, that seems to be the consensus. I think I agree, it is a different situation having had a cancel already.
The only people who really go down on retakes are people who don't take studying as seriously as they did the 1st time. if you're waiting anyway, go for it. it can influence $.

jackjackson

New

Post by jackjackson » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:30 am

flexityflex86 wrote:Don't think the cancel matters. Will look weird if you go down, but maybe not that much. 172 is still 99th percentile. schools might like the confidence. even if you got a 160, they're reporting a 173......
you think they ll see it as confidence? I am worried that they would see it as "this kid has his priorities out of whack/nothing better to do". thats one of the main things holding me up, but maybe I am over thinking it...

jbptls

New

Post by jbptls » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:32 am

jackjackson wrote:
flexityflex86 wrote:Don't think the cancel matters. Will look weird if you go down, but maybe not that much. 172 is still 99th percentile. schools might like the confidence. even if you got a 160, they're reporting a 173......
you think they ll see it as confidence? I am worried that they would see it as "this kid has his priorities out of whack/nothing better to do". thats one of the main things holding me up, but maybe I am over thinking it...

in a similar situation, leaning toward retaking in June...if that is any help...

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:26 am

only on TLS will people with a 3.99 strongly consider retaking a 173 :roll: :roll:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”