Defer until next year? Retake LSAT? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TheSteelKid

Bronze

Defer until next year? Retake LSAT?

Post by TheSteelKid » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Hi guys I have a 3.3 from the University of Colorado and a 170 on the December LSAT. I also took it in June and cancelled and then in October and got a 165.

Do you think it would be a good idea to defer until the beginning of the next admissions cylce?

So far ive gotten into WUSTL and Illinois with big schollys, 84k and 90k, and GWU with no money but im negotiating that. Also waitlisted at michigan, UVA, northwestern, Vanderbilt and waiting to hear from cornell, Gtown, BC, BU, UCLA, USC, Duke and Fordham.

I dont think I can take LSAT again in June but Im gonna call the LSAC and make sure. Id like to go to a better school then WUSTL or Illinois if possible....top 15 would be nice.

What do you guys think? Thanks!

bk1

Diamond

Re: Defer until next year? Retake LSAT?

Post by bk1 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:07 pm

I'm pretty sure you'll need a waiver from one of the schools to take the LSAT again.

If you really want a top school then yeah, go ahead and reapply. Retake might be worth it if the schools will let you do it but I think with a 3.3/170 you should get at least one of the lower T14 (especially if you ED).

TheSteelKid

Bronze

Post by TheSteelKid » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:21 pm

Right. Thanks. The only issue is that I really want to begin school this Fall...Ill have been out of college for 2 years when this Fall comes around bc I graduated August 2009.....grrrr tough decisions! I dont have a job line up right now either...ouch.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:24 pm

TheSteelKid wrote:Right. Thanks. The only issue is that I really want to begin school this Fall...Ill have been out of college for 2 years when this Fall comes around bc I graduated August 2009.....grrrr tough decisions! I dont have a job line up right now either...ouch.
I understand not wanting to wait another year (I retook/reapplied as well and the waiting sucks) but it is worth it.

If you really want to work in the midwest and are fine without biglaw then I could see a case for taking Illinois or WUSTL.

Not having a job throws another wrench in it considering you will have to support yourself over the next year.

eaglemuncher

Bronze

Post by eaglemuncher » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:28 pm

bk187 wrote:I'm pretty sure you'll need a waiver from one of the schools to take the LSAT again.

If you really want a top school then yeah, go ahead and reapply. Retake might be worth it if the schools will let you do it but I think with a 3.3/170 you should get at least one of the lower T14 (especially if you ED).
Why do you OP need a waiver to retake?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:41 pm

eaglemuncher wrote:Why do you OP need a waiver to retake?
4th LSAT in 2 years.

pbutta123

New

Post by pbutta123 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:31 pm

You can take up to 3 LSAT in 2 years without a waiver right (from schools & lsac)? Sorry OP I know this isnt your question.

But as to your post, I think you should hold out for until you get some more decisions bud. Relax a bit and drink a beer the tough stuff is done for now:D

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:35 pm

pbutta123 wrote:You can take up to 3 LSAT in 2 years without a waiver right (from schools & lsac)?
Yes.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”