LOR, Transcripts at the time of deadline Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ahduke99

New

LOR, Transcripts at the time of deadline

Post by ahduke99 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:00 pm

Hi all,

The deadline for the 3/1 schools is quickly approaching, and my account still shows LSAC has not received my transcript. I had them sent two weeks ago via my school's registrar. Both professors sent their LOR via hard copy directly to the school, so I bypassed using LSAC's service for that part. Because LSAC says my transcript has not been received, should I have it mailed directly to the school Monday via Fedex overnight? I have "transmitted" my application via LSAC and it confirms it has been transmitted, but does the school consider it accepted without the transcript in hand? I don't want to find out on Tuesday that I missed the deadline. And finally, will LSAC not send my LSAT scores without that transcript?

Thanks.

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Re: LOR, Transcripts at the time of deadline

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:28 pm

Bump because I have very a similar issue.

tea_drinker

Silver

Post by tea_drinker » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:45 pm

I don't know much about this, but I suggest to call the school on Monday Morning ask them if they will accept.

ahduke99

New

Post by ahduke99 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:33 pm

I know the dean if this particular school, so I'll shoot him an email. Apparently LSAC takes up to an additional 2 weeks to process it once it is received as well. This is ridiculous. Calling them did nothing for me.

If this is like past schools, I need to have my application transmitted by march 1 and the LOR must be post marked by March 1. I have no idea about transcripts and such.

ahduke99

New

Post by ahduke99 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:56 am

Apparently the registrar's office is so backed up at my school that they shut down for three days 2 weeks ago. This obviously isn't something I can help. I hope I'm not penalized for that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dkt4

Bronze

Post by dkt4 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:57 am

i had the same problem, but with letters of rec instead of a transcript.

the school sees your app as submitted on time and they wait for LSAC to forward them the completed application. if it takes them much longer, you should have your UG send them another transcript because there's the possibility it got lost...but you don't have to worry about it too much i don't think.

ahduke99

New

Post by ahduke99 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:09 pm

I guess that's all I can do. The school doesn't accept them directly, so LSAC is my only option. I can't help the registrar's office can't do their job.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”