Late Apps: When should I expect to hear back? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
redsoxfan2495

Bronze

Late Apps: When should I expect to hear back?

Post by redsoxfan2495 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:50 pm

I applied to most of the T14 within the first couple days of February. The apps due by February 1st were all sent in on time. Is it pretty safe to say that I won't hear back from any of them until late April? Input from late applicants of past years would be appreciated.

red_alertz

Bronze

Re: Late Apps: When should I expect to hear back?

Post by red_alertz » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:58 pm

redsoxfan2495 wrote:I applied to most of the T14 within the first couple days of February. The apps due by February 1st were all sent in on time. Is it pretty safe to say that I won't hear back from any of them until late April? Input from late applicants of past years would be appreciated.
on a separate note, does the deadline refer to date submitted on LSAC? or dated everything has been received by school

niederbomb

Silver

Post by niederbomb » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:18 pm

I submitted in mid January, and now I'm under review everywhere. In fact, I've already heard back from 4/10, in some cases before people who submitted in October or September. While applying early is better, applying later is not fatal unless you are a borderline candidate.

You could hear back very soon, or much later. The process is almost random.

redsoxfan2495

Bronze

Post by redsoxfan2495 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:29 pm

red_alertz wrote:on a separate note, does the deadline refer to date submitted on LSAC? or dated everything has been received by school
It refers to the date submitted on LSAC. Exact dates for when everything was sent, received, and completed can be found here: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/redsoxfan2495

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”