Best Admissions Packets? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
vegenator

Bronze

Re: Best Admissions Packets?

Post by vegenator » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:00 am

bergg007 wrote:Alabama wins hands down. T-shirt, bumper sticker, alabama law review, maps, apartment guides, 3 personally handwritten and signed letters. a huge binder with info about the school. it took three mailers the get all of the stuff to me. I was very very impressed.

ROLL TIDE!!!
Ah... some one beat me to it. But I'll agree 100%, Bama had the best swag. No contest.

lisjjen

Silver

Post by lisjjen » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:17 am

vegenator wrote: Also, I'll agree that Michigan's was nice, but am surprised no one has mentioned Cornells nicely bound Admitted Students red binder thingy.
Am I a bad person if I wasn't impressed? I've seen cloth bound three ring binder's before.

If anything, it turned me off. It was full of new employment and income stats that I had never seen before - which always smells a little fishy.

vegenator

Bronze

Post by vegenator » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:32 am

lisjjen wrote:
vegenator wrote: Also, I'll agree that Michigan's was nice, but am surprised no one has mentioned Cornells nicely bound Admitted Students red binder thingy.
Am I a bad person if I wasn't impressed? I've seen cloth bound three ring binder's before.

If anything, it turned me off. It was full of new employment and income stats that I had never seen before - which always smells a little fishy.

Nah, it's ok you weren't impressed. I applied to A LOT of schools and Cornell was the only one that had a cloth-bound binder. It just stood out for me since it wasn't spiral bound or some stapled brochure.
But yeah, it's always good to critically read throught the contents of the binders. Some figures seem a bit deceptive... (not just at Cornell).

rman1201

Silver

Post by rman1201 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:39 am

Wow... Is it too late to apply to bama? Im gonna send in my app today if not.

So yeah, yesterday I received a large mysterious cylindrical package in the mail and I was so disappointed when I opened it to find my college diploma rather than some sort of law school poster (not sarcasm unfortunately, I love free stuff, and how awesome would a law school poster be?!?!).

edit: Just submitted Alabama app. Sadly, this also is not a joke.

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:03 am

I'm amazed nobody has mentioned Northwestern. I'm a bit of a sucker for how it is packaged. The paper/plastic folder thing just doesn't really do it for me. Vanderbilt's had too much information for an acceptant brick to me.

Northwestern on the other hand had the right amount of information AND it came in a nice leather legal pad holder thing.

Classy.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:10 am

I like Cornell's cool little book.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:12 am

What's an "admission packet" ? :D

jdhakert

New

Post by jdhakert » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:16 am

NYU dental school gives you a purple iPod with your name engraved in it. Med schools do the same kinds of thing.
Last edited by jdhakert on Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:25 am

If you count the first three mailings, letter, admitted students handbook and NYC guide, I think Columbia's is pretty impressive. Then again if they had accepted me via post-it note, I would have been just as excited.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nonprofit-prophet

Silver

Post by nonprofit-prophet » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:32 am

The packet from Texas was awful. It seemed like they grabbed a bunch of random, unrelated booklets and tossed em into an envelope. USC's packet was awesome.
Last edited by nonprofit-prophet on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

lisjjen

Silver

Post by lisjjen » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:41 am

nonprofit-prophet wrote:The packet from Texas was awful. It seemed like the grabbed a bunch of random, unrelated booklets and tossed em into an envelope. USC's packet was awesome.
USC's was alright. Texas was awful indeed.

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:30 pm

nonprofit-prophet wrote:The packet from Texas was awful. It seemed like they grabbed a bunch of random, unrelated booklets and tossed em into an envelope. USC's packet was awesome.
True story. I was kind of bummed. Especially since it arrived the same day as a Michigan fee waiver/viewbook. UT was a tiny bit overshadowed...

lisjjen

Silver

Post by lisjjen » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:37 pm

akili wrote:
nonprofit-prophet wrote:The packet from Texas was awful. It seemed like they grabbed a bunch of random, unrelated booklets and tossed em into an envelope. USC's packet was awesome.
True story. I was kind of bummed. Especially since it arrived the same day as a Michigan fee waiver/viewbook. UT was a tiny bit overshadowed...
And did anyone get an admissions bulleting from UT? I mean wtf? I even asked for one on the website and I haven't gotten anything.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:45 pm

This thread makes me want to start a which school has the best stationary thread.

rman1201

Silver

Post by rman1201 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:47 pm

jarofsoup wrote:This thread makes me want to start a which school has the best stationary thread.
W&M, hands down

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:05 pm

rman1201 wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:This thread makes me want to start a which school has the best stationary thread.
W&M, hands down

Explain...

camelcrema

Bronze

Post by camelcrema » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:13 pm

kwais wrote:If you count the first three mailings, letter, admitted students handbook and NYC guide, I think Columbia's is pretty impressive. Then again if they had accepted me via post-it note, I would have been just as excited.
I was surprised no one had mentioned this earlier. Columbia sneak-attacks you in clusters. First is spiral admitted students binder, then a two-inch thick mini-library of legal specialties, course offerings, and magazines, and last is a book (price tag says $18) about living in New York.

No T-shirt though :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rman1201

Silver

Post by rman1201 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:15 pm

jarofsoup wrote:
rman1201 wrote:
W&M, hands down

Explain...
Decent quality golden colored colonial looking paper, top that.

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:25 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amorfati

Bronze

Post by amorfati » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:27 pm

Pretty paper is all well and good, but I want swag!

rman1201

Silver

Post by rman1201 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:31 pm

rebexness wrote:
jdhakert wrote:NYU dental school gives you a purple iPod with your name engraved in it. Med schools do the same kinds of thing. Law schools are just cheap because all of it is crap
*switches to medical career*
I think that's a flame...
I actually researched it (and felt stupid doing so) with no results, and NYU is the easiest dental school (though likely harder than the t14 law schools)
Last edited by rman1201 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

HowdyYall

Bronze

Post by HowdyYall » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:32 pm

pride09 wrote:T-shirt from Stanford
this has been my favorite so far, especially since the T-Shirt actually fit! then again, I did also get excited about the free t-shirt that I got at a NBA game when it was a 3XL (about 7 sizes to big)

camelcrema

Bronze

Post by camelcrema » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:33 pm

rman1201 wrote:
rebexness wrote:
jdhakert wrote:NYU dental school gives you a purple iPod with your name engraved in it. Med schools do the same kinds of thing. Law schools are just cheap because all of it is crap
I actually researched it (and felt stupid doing so) with no results, and NYU is the easiest dental school (though likely easier than the t14 law schools)
+1

Also researched. Also felt stupid Also no results.

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:38 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rman1201

Silver

Post by rman1201 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:40 pm

camelcrema wrote:
rman1201 wrote:
rebexness wrote:
I actually researched it (and felt stupid doing so) with no results, and NYU is the easiest dental school (though likely easier than the t14 law schools)
+1

Also researched. Also felt stupid Also no results.
I think everyone did, they're just too embarrassed to say

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”