Submitting an additional LOR for waitlists, etc? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lsatextreme

Silver

Submitting an additional LOR for waitlists, etc?

Post by lsatextreme » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:16 pm

So I've only heard from a handful of schools and just like I expected, I have waitlists from a good number already and I expect that number to increase. I want to try to submit an additional LOR, but what is the exact procedure for this? I know it has to be submitted to LSAC, but do I have to purchase additional reports for the schools I want to send it to?

Also, I want to send these LORs to those schools who haven't given me a decision yet, and though I know it may be too late, how would that work? Should I be contacting schools where I'm already complete/UR to expect another LOR and for them to consider it along with my application?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

lsatextreme

Silver

Re: Submitting an additional LOR for waitlists, etc?

Post by lsatextreme » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:08 pm

bumpp

StanDarsh

New

Post by StanDarsh » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:16 pm

lsatextreme wrote:So I've only heard from a handful of schools and just like I expected, I have waitlists from a good number already and I expect that number to increase. I want to try to submit an additional LOR, but what is the exact procedure for this? I know it has to be submitted to LSAC, but do I have to purchase additional reports for the schools I want to send it to?

Also, I want to send these LORs to those schools who haven't given me a decision yet, and though I know it may be too late, how would that work? Should I be contacting schools where I'm already complete/UR to expect another LOR and for them to consider it along with my application?

Send the letter to LSAC like you said. It's the same procedure for both scenarios, and you don't have to purchase an additional report. Once LSAC confirms that they have the letter you just have to assign (L3, L4, etc.) to the schools. When I did this, the school's status checker acknowledged the new recommendation the same day LSAC sent it, so I would say you don't have to contact the school. If you can't verify that they have the letter through a status checker, I would say it's up to you.

lsatextreme

Silver

Post by lsatextreme » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:36 pm

StanDarsh wrote:
lsatextreme wrote:So I've only heard from a handful of schools and just like I expected, I have waitlists from a good number already and I expect that number to increase. I want to try to submit an additional LOR, but what is the exact procedure for this? I know it has to be submitted to LSAC, but do I have to purchase additional reports for the schools I want to send it to?

Send the letter to LSAC like you said. It's the same procedure for both scenarios, and you don't have to purchase an additional report. Once LSAC confirms that they have the letter you just have to assign (L3, L4, etc.) to the schools. When I did this, the school's status checker acknowledged the new recommendation the same day LSAC sent it, so I would say you don't have to contact the school. If you can't verify that they have the letter through a status checker, I would say it's up to you.
thank you that was very helpful

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”