summer abroad Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bluewasabi

New

summer abroad

Post by bluewasabi » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi
I'm thinking of applying to law school next year, and would like to study in Spain this summer summer, taking language courses at a Spanish university. I just want to learn Spanish and have some fun. I'm not going to report to my school or get any credits for the courses and so it will not be used toward my degree. I'm doing it just for fun and for the experience of it.
Would this be a bad idea though? I heard that I have to send all my transcripts to LSAC and this spanish university will definitely give me a transcript after the program. I probably will not get A's since I won't be studying 24/7.
Should I learn at an informal place?
Also, even if I do study at the university, report to LSAC, will it be factored into my LSAC GPA?
Thanks!!

mala2

Bronze

Re: summer abroad

Post by mala2 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:57 am

umm if it's not really study abroad and it's just your summer messing around in Spain learning Spanish drinking sangria and filling up on tapas, I don't know how anyone (LSAC, law school) would know or why they would care. Even if you did send them the transcript is wouldn't count towards your UGPA unless you do a min of 1.5 years abroad direct enrollment and not through sponsoring institutions. bottom line- chill out and have fun in Spain

cinephile

Gold

Re: summer abroad

Post by cinephile » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:41 am

As long as it's a Spanish university and not a program through an American university, the grades won't be factored into your LSAC GPA.

Have fun in Spain!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”