Fee waivers Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dr123

Gold

Fee waivers

Post by dr123 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:01 pm

Hey so I've got a question about fee waivers. I took the december lsat and have gotten a few fee waivers that i would like to use. However, I was not pleased with my lsat score and decided to wait until next cycle to apply so I can retake in june. I was wondering if I can still use these fee waivers I have gotten for this cycle for the next cycle or if fee waivers have an expiration? If they do, will the school that sent me fee waivers send me fee waivers again next cycle or are fee waivers a one time deal type of thing?

luckyme

Bronze

Re: Fee waivers

Post by luckyme » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:03 pm

for current cycle only

dr123

Gold

Post by dr123 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:03 pm

Will they send me a fee waiver next cycle? or will they be dissuaded since I didn't use it this cycle?

dddhhh

Bronze

Post by dddhhh » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:09 pm

dr123 wrote:Will they send me a fee waiver next cycle? or will they be dissuaded since I didn't use it this cycle?
It's hard to tell, did you get them through CRS or did they contact you directly? (email/mail)
You can always contact them and ask for a fee waiver. Many on here have been successful doing so, and if you received one previously and have improved your application since then I can't imagine they wouldn't give you another. Good luck!

dr123

Gold

Post by dr123 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:11 pm

dddhhh wrote:
dr123 wrote:Will they send me a fee waiver next cycle? or will they be dissuaded since I didn't use it this cycle?
It's hard to tell, did you get them through CRS or did they contact you directly? (email/mail)
You can always contact them and ask for a fee waiver. Many on here have been successful doing so, and if you received one previously and have improved your application since then I can't imagine they wouldn't give you another. Good luck!
They contacted me, I pretty much stopped the entire application process when I got my score, lol

dddhhh

Bronze

Post by dddhhh » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:16 pm

dr123 wrote:
dddhhh wrote:
They contacted me, I pretty much stopped the entire application process when I got my score, lol
I can tell you they are not a one time type deal as I've received fee waivers from the same schools two cycles in a row and also new schools. Wait and see if you get another but if you are interested in applying and haven't received one once your application is complete and ready I would contact them and see if they give you one.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”