Anyone else get the Regent email this evening? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
fundamentallybroken

Silver

Anyone else get the Regent email this evening?

Post by fundamentallybroken » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:17 am

The one where the 1L forgot to bcc everyone, and instead just sent an email containing everyone's email addy in the 'to' field?

Of course, now the question is, how to respond. Reply all? Ask when they might stop emailing?

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Re: Anyone else get the Regent email this evening?

Post by paulinaporizkova » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:19 am

fundamentallybroken wrote:The one where the 1L forgot to bcc everyone, and instead just sent an email containing everyone's email addy in the 'to' field?

Of course, now the question is, how to respond. Reply all? Ask when they might stop emailing?
fucking regent. just tell them you're a flaming homo - apparently that is effective in stopping the emails (since homosexuality is banned on campus)

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:20 am

what did it say?

you attend Regent?

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:22 am

General Tso wrote:what did it say?

you attend Regent?
No! I've asked them many times to remove me from their list, but they just keep emailing!

The email (or the beginning rather):
Just a friendly reminder from a current 1L to all interested applicants. . . .

First, for those of you who are close to applying to Regent, the Priority Consideration Date for Fall 2011 is coming up soon! February 1st is only days away, and I would encourage you to apply before then if you are almost finished with your application. Remember, if you apply before 02/01/2011, you will receive top priority when considered for a seat in the incoming Fall 2011 class and for scholarship consideration. So, if you have taken the LSAT and have most of your LSAC file completed, please take advantage of the Priority Consideration Date and turn in your application before February 1!
Blah blah blah, yours in Divine Providence, blah blah blah.

But what I noticed is that the list of recipients is all right there in the open. A braver man than me would see this as an opportunity.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:24 am

thank the lord jesus! this is finally proof they stopped sending me emails!!! ....probably since i got into UVA

sanjola

Bronze

Post by sanjola » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:42 am

paulinaporizkova wrote:thank the lord jesus! this is finally proof they stopped sending me emails!!! ....probably since i got into UVA

+1

Hallelujah! I sent them an e-mail stating my gayness a few weeks ago. Spread the word!

I'm still receiving mailings from them, however.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”