Scholarship Negotiation Help Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SwampRat88

Bronze

Scholarship Negotiation Help

Post by SwampRat88 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:23 pm

Last edited by SwampRat88 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Re: Scholarship Negotiation Help

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:28 pm

Provide them with the scholarship information that Drake is offering. Because Louisville is ranked higher than Drake, they may not be enticed to increase their offer, but it is possible. If UK and Case Western offers more than 8, you have a case. But it will be tough to get them to go closer to Drake.

SwampRat88

Bronze

Post by SwampRat88 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:30 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:Provide them with the scholarship information that Drake is offering. Because Louisville is ranked higher than Drake, they may not be enticed to increase their offer, but it is possible. If UK and Case Western offers more than 8, you have a case. But it will be tough to get them to go closer to Drake.
I already provided them with the scholarship information from Drake, and they responded with "Also, I am willing to discuss your scholarship. What amount do you believe to be reasonable and competitive?"

And I thought they were both tier-3 schools?

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:35 pm

SwampRat88 wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:Provide them with the scholarship information that Drake is offering. Because Louisville is ranked higher than Drake, they may not be enticed to increase their offer, but it is possible. If UK and Case Western offers more than 8, you have a case. But it will be tough to get them to go closer to Drake.
I already provided them with the scholarship information from Drake, and they responded saying they are willing to negotiate.

And I thought they were both tier-3 schools?
Louisville is technically in the T100, but is right on the borderline and might as well be a T3. Nonetheless, if you have some time, wait until you hear from UK and Case. If they offer more than Louisville, you have a basis for them to go higher. Right now, you're main argument is that, in your opinion, you are worth more of a scholarship (even though Drake offered more).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”